7th CPC Training Allowance: PCDA(O) Message No. 01/2021 regarding clarification on admissibility of Training Allowance Message No : 01/2021 Traini
7th CPC Training Allowance: PCDA(O) Message No. 01/2021 regarding clarification on admissibility of Training Allowance
Message No : 01/2021
1. As per Para 2 (i) of GOI, MOD Letter No. PC-1(16)/2017/D(Pay/Services)/Pt.II, dated 28th Nov 2019 “Training allowance will be admissible only to faculties who join the training academies/institutes/establishments for imparting training for a specified period of time and are then likely to go back.”
2. As per Para 5 of GOI, MOD Letter No. PC-1(16)/2017/D(Pay/Services) /Pt.II, dated 28th Nov 2019, “Officers/JCOs/Ors deployed on administrative/ logistic duties in these training institutes will not be entitled for training allowance.
3. As per SAPCS letter No. C/7036/Allowances/SAPCS/2020 dated 16 Nov 2020 “Training Allowance will be applicable only to those, whose designation also includes the words ‘instructor’ In light of the above Govt. order, Training Allowance claim is being admitted by this office only to faculties imparting training holding appointments such as Instructor/ Lecturers/ Professors/ Tutors/ Directing Staff etc on the basis of Part II Order after verifying the actual appointment held by the officer as mentioned in the strength Return of the Training Academies/Establishments and also authorization of that appointment as per Peace Establishment (PE) of that Training Academies/ Establishments.
Standing Army Pay commission Section
Addl Dte Gen Personnel Services
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Room No -19, Plot No. 108 (West)
Brassey Avenue, Church Road,
New Delhi – 110001
16 Nov 2020
Training Branch (JT&P)
Shimla (HP) – 171003
TRG ALLOWANCES FOR COMDTS OF CAT A EST
1. Ref :-
(a) Your HQ letter No 915004/Instr Allce/Trg (JTP) dt 26 Oct 2020
(b) PS-3(a) Note No 32813/A/AG/PS-3(a)/01/2016 dt 07 Mar 2016 (copy att)
2 As per MOD Letter No. PC-1(16)/2017/D(Pay/Services)/Pt.II, dated 28th Nov 2019 Trg Allces will not be admissible under fwg circumstances:-
(a) Those permanent faculties of trg academies/ institutes/ ests who have been recruited directly by the trg academies/ institutes/ ests for imparting trg.
(b) Offrs deployed on administrative/ logistic duties.
3. Vide our letter mentioned at Para 1(b) above, this issue was examined and Stated that Trg Allce will be applicable only those Comdts/ Dy Comdts etc, whose designation also incl the words ‘Instructor’ e.g. in the case of Comdt DSSC, in PE complete designation is “Commandant and Chief Executive Instructor”. In other words Comdts are eligible for Trg Allce, provided they are designated as ‘Instr’ in the ‘PE’.
4. In addn, to avoid recovery at later stg, it must be ensured that only those offrs who are posted as ‘Instr’ duly matched as per PE auth are Claiming the Trg Allces.
5. For info and necessary action.
(Akhil Kumar Singh)
Col Army Pay Commission Section
for Adjutant General
Enclosures: As above.