Terms and Conditions of Service of Officers and other Employees, Rules 2020 in National Commission for Minorities MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS NOTI
Terms and Conditions of Service of Officers and other Employees, Rules 2020 in National Commission for Minorities
MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 21st December, 2020
G.S.R. 783(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 15 of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 (19 of 1992) and in supersession of the National Commission for Minorities (Terms and Conditions of Service of the Officers and Other Employees) Rules, 1994, in so far as they relate to the posts of Administrative Officer, Research Officer, Section Officer, Private Secretary and Librarian, except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to certain posts in National Commission for Minorities, namely:-
- Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the National Commission for Minorities (Terms and Conditions of Service of Officers and other Employees) Rules,
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Application. – These rules shall apply to the posts mentioned in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Number of posts, classification and level in pay – The number of said posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the said Schedule.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, – The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
- Initial – The incumbent holding the post of Principal Private Secretary in the National Commission for Minorities on regular basis, on the date of commencement of these rules, shall be deemed to have been appointed under these rules to the corresponding posts mentioned in the Schedule and the services rendered by him in the said post shall be taken into account for the purpose of probation, qualifying service for promotion, confirmation and pension.
- Disqualification. – No person, –
- who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or
- who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to Relax- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules in respect of any class or category of persons.
- Saving – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in Pay Matrix.||Whether selection or non-selection post.|
|1. Principal Private Secretary.||1* (2020)
*Subject to variation dependent on the workload.
|Not applicable.||Level – 11 (Rs. 67700-208700/-)||Selection.|
|Age-limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Two years for promotees.|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|By promotion, failing which by deputation.||Promotion:
Private Secretary in the National Commission for Minorities in Level – 7 (Rs. 44900-142400/-) in the pay matrix with seven years regular service in the grade.
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Officers of the Central Government or the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations or public sector undertakings or Universities or recognised Research Institutions or Semi- Government or autonomous bodies or statutory organisations,-
(i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department ; or
(ii) with five years regular service in the grade in Level – 10 (Rs. 56100-177500/-) in the pay matrix or equivalent rendered
after appointment in the parent cadre or department; or
Note1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, the deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation (including short-term contract) including the period of deputation in another ex- cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:
(1) Joint Secretary, National Commission for Minorities – Chairperson;
(2) Director or Deputy Secretary, National Commission for Minorities
(3) Under Secretary, National Commission for Minorities – Member;
(4) Under Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs – Member.