UPSC: Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer Recruitment Rules, 2020 MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCE AND PENSIONS (Department of Personne
UPSC: Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer Recruitment Rules, 2020
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCE AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 23rd November, 2020
G.S.R. 192.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Union Public Service Commission (Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2007, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer in the Office of Union Public Service Commission, namely:-
- Short title and commencement—(1) These rules may be called the Union Public Service Commission (Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix —The number of post, its classification, level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
- Disqualification.—No person, –
- who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, Shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect of any class or category of persons.
- Saving—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection or non-selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits|
|Senior Estate Manager and Meeting Officer||
*Subject to variation dependent on work load.
|General Central Service Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial||
Level 10 (56100-177500) in the pay matrix
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Two years for promotees|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the posts to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made|
|Promotion failing which by deputation (including short-term contract).||I.Promotion
The Departmental Estate Manager and Meeting Officer in level 8 (Rs. 47600-151100) in the pay matrix with two years of regular service in the grade and have successfully completed 2-4 weeks training in the relevant field as prescribed by the administrative ministry.
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
II. Deputation (including short-term contract)
Officers under the Central Government or State Governments or Union territories or Universities or recognised research institute or public sector undertakings or statutory or autonomous organisation:
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department;
(ii) with two years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in level-8 (Rs. 47600-151100) in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:-
(i) Diploma in Civil or Mechanical or Electrical or Sanitary or Public Health Engineering from a recognised University or equivalent; and
(ii) five years’ experience in the upkeep and maintenance of office buildings, including sanitary installations, air conditioning equipments and electrical installations.
Note 1: The Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years. The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall not be exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment|
Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of :-
2. Secretary or Additional Secretary (In-charge of Administration – Member; Branch or General Branch), Union Public Service Commission
3. Joint Secretary (Administration) or Deputy Secretary, Union Public – Member; Service Commission
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary for filling up the post.|
Group ‘A’ Departmental Confirmation Committee consisting of:
2. Joint Secretary (In-charge of Administration Branch), Union – Member; Public Service Commission
3. Joint Secretary (In-charge of General), Union Public Service – Member; Commission)
[F. No. 39021/04/2018-Estt.(B)]
RAJBIR SINGH, Under Secy.