RBSSS preparation of the panel or panels (part) for the Personal Assistant grade (Seniority Quota) Regulations, 2021
New Delhi, the 15th March, 2021
G.S.R. 183(E).—In pursuance of rule 11 of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers‟ Service Rules, 2021, the Central Government in the Ministry of Railways hereby makes the following regulations, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These regulations may be called the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers‟ Service preparation of the panel or panels (part) for the Personal Assistant grade (Seniority Quota) Regulations, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Conditions of eligibility.- Any regular official of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers‟ Service who, on the 1st July of the select list year has rendered not less than ten years‟ of approved service in the grade of Stenographer Grade „D‟, shall be eligible:
Provided that eligibility service shall continue to be five years‟ of approved service for officials holding Stenographer Grade „D‟ posts on regular basis before the date of commencement of the said Rules.
3. Determination of vacancy.– Regular vacancies for a select list year shall be determined by the Central Government in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) as per rules and if the selection is to be made for more than one select list year, vacancies shall accordingly be determined for each select list year.
4. Fixation of zone of consideration.- In accordance with the vacancies determined, a zone of consideration of eligible officials shall be fixed by the Central Government in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
5. Constitution of Departmental Promotion Committee.- (1) The composition of the Departmental Promotion Committee to be constituted to assess the suitability of eligible officials for appointment to the post of Personal Assistant under seniority quota and to make suitable recommendations, shall be as follows:-
(i) Director or Deputy Secretary (Administration) Chairman;
(ii) Under Secretary (Administration) Member;
(iii) Two other Under Secretaries or Deputy Directors Members.
(2) The Departmental Promotion Committee shall follow the guidelines or instructions as laid down by the Central Government from time to time.
6. Preparation of Panels.– (1) The Departmental Promotion Committee shall normally meet on annual basis for consideration of eligible officials for promotion to the grade of Personal Assistant.
(2) The cadre authority shall prepare panel or panel (part) of officials from the eligible officials found fit, by arranging the names of officials selected by the Departmental Promotion Committee in the order of their seniority in the lower grade, provided that separate panel or panel (part) shall be prepared for vacancies of different select list years.
(3) Vacancy for a select list year which may not be filled up due to non-availability of suitable or eligible officials, shall be carried forward to the next select list year and the selection process for the first select list year shall be deemed to have been completed.
7. Appointment to the Personal Assistant grade.- (1) Appointment to the vacancies of seniority quota in the grade of Personal Assistant shall be made by the competent authority in the order in which the names of the officials appear in the panel or panel (part) prepared by the cadre authority.
(2) Inclusion in the panel or panel (part) shall not confer any right to appointment to the grade as appointments will be made only upon the availability of regular vacancies. 8. Removal of name from the Panel.- The names of the persons of the following categories shall be removed from the panel:-
(a) Officials appointed as Private Secretary;
(b) Officials transferred to any other service or posts;
(c) Officials who die, retire from service or whose services are otherwise terminated.
S. K. AGARWAL, Jt. Secy. (Gazetted)