Preventive Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 - Attendance in DoT HQs: Revised Guidelines till 23.04.3021 or further orders No. 16-30/2020-O&
Preventive Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Attendance in DoT HQs: Revised Guidelines till 23.04.3021 or further orders
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
Room No. 507, Sanchar Bhavan,
Dated the 12 April, 2021
Subject: Preventive Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Attendance -regarding
In the light of the recent rise in Covid-19 cases in Delhi, it has been decided to review the instructions issued vide this Department’s O.M. of even No. dated 16.02.2021, wherein it has inter-alia been conveyed that all levels of employees are to attend office on regular basis, excepting those residing in containment zones etc.
2. After a careful review of the position in DoT HQ (Sanchar Bhawan & Minto Road Office Buildings), the following revised instructions/ guidelines for attendance in DoT HQs are issued:
- Officers of the level of Under Secretary or equivalent and below be allowed to work from home also and their physical attendance in office be restricted to 50% of the actual strength. Rosters for their attendance to be prepared by concerned Divisional/Wing Heads. Individual Wing Heads can, however, call for more than 50% physical attendance of any of the categories of officials in their wings, if required on administrative grounds.
- All officers of the level of Deputy Secretary, equivalent and above are to attend office on regular basis.
- All officers who attend office can stagger timings (with entry into the office spread between 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM with corresponding office exit timings). This will also avoid rush in commuting, as also in lifts & corridors. Rostering system by Divisional / Wing Heads to take care of this aspect.
- All officials who do not attend office on a particular day are to make themselves available on Telephone and other electronics means of communication at all times from their residence and work from home.
- All officials residing in containment zones shall continue to be exempted from coming to office till the containment zone is denotified.
- All officials who attend office shall strictly follow Covid appropriate behavior including wearing of mask, physical distancing, use of sanitizer and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
- Crowding in lifts, staircases, corridors, common areas including refreshment kiosk and parking areas is be strictly avoided.
- Meetings, as far as possible, to be conducted through video-conferencing.
- Entry of outsiders/visitors to be curtailed appropriately.
- All employees of the age of 45 years and above are advised to get themselves vaccinated so as to effectively contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Employees who are symptomatic or whose family members have been tested Covid positive are required to follow applicable Covid protocol of self isolation/ quarantine and testing. They may keep their Controlling officer intimated in this regard. Where an employee has been tested Covid positive, General Administration is also to be intimated immediately.
3. The above instructions / guidelines shall come into effect immediately and will be in force until 23.04.3021 or further orders, whichever is earlier.