Retention of railway quarters in the wake of Covid in respect of several PSUs till 30.06.2022 RBE No. 46/2021 GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR) M
Retention of railway quarters in the wake of Covid in respect of several PSUs till 30.06.2022
RBE No. 46/2021
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. E(G) 2008 QR 1-15 (PSUs)
New Delhi, dated 15.07.2021
The General Manager/Director General
All Indian Railways/Production Units/RDSO-Lucknow
(As per Standard mailing list)
Sub: Retention of railway quarters in the wake of Covid in respect of several PSUs.
The instructions issued vide Board’s letter No. E(G) 2008 OR 1-15(PSUs) dt. 01.08.2019 in regard to retention of railway accommodation at their previous place of posting by officials on deputation to Railway PSUs have been reviewed in the wake of COVID-19 in the Board Meeting held on 29.05.2021.
2. Now, in exercise of the powers to make reasonable relaxations in public interest for a class/group of employees, in all or any of the existing provisions regarding house allotment/retention, full Board have decided that railway accommodation at the previous place of posting by railway officers/railway staff in occupation of railway accommodation in areas other than Delhi/NCR area on deputation to railway PSUs may be extended further one year beyond 30.06.2021 i.e. upto 30.06.2022, subject to the condition, that each PSU shall commit within a period of three months to construct or contribute funds to construct commensurate additional quarters to compensate the Railways. The progress of construction of these quarters shall be monitored by GMs on a quarterly basis.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Establishment (Gen.)
No. E(G) 2008 QR 1-15(PSUs) New Delhi, dated 15.07.2021
- PFA, all Indian Railways and Production Units
- Joint Director (Finance} RDSO, Lucknow
- Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General of India (Railways), Room No.224,Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (copy with 46 spares)
For Member (Finance)/Railway Board