Time limit for submission of Travelling Allowance and other claims by retired employees – Condonation of delay: Railway Board RBE No.-229
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (भारत सरकार)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (रेल मंत्रालय)
RAILWAY BOARD (रेलवे बोर्ड)
RBE No: 229
New Delhi, dated: 29.11.2021
All Indian Railways, PUs etc.
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Time limit for submission of Travelling Allowance and other claims by staff: reiteration of instructions regarding condonation of delay in submission of claims by retired employees.
Ref: 1. DC/JCM item No.24/2021-Transfer grant to retired Railway employees-condonation of delay in submission of claims by retired employees.
2. NFIR’s letter No. 11/35/2021 dated 08.07.2021.
3. Board’s letter No. F(E)I/89/AL-28/11, dated 23.02.1990.
NFIR vide their above referred letter dated 08.07.2021 had represented that in view of Covid-19 pandemic many retired Railway employees had not been able to shift their belongings to places where they intended to settle down even, beyond one year after retirement, and requested Board to consider the matter and grant relaxation in the extant rules to enable the Zonal Railways etc. to accept applications for payment of transfer grant to the retired staff as and when a received although belatedly and grant the same. This demand (Item No. 24/2021) was also raised in the DC/JCM Meeting held on 5th & 6th October, 2021.
2. In this context, it is advised that in terms of Board’s above . referred letter No. F(E)I/89/AL-28/11, dated 23.02.1990 (Annex-I), the power to extend the time limit by one year for availing of the TA concessions admissible on retirement by the Railway servant has already been delegated to the Zonal Railways to be exercised by the General Manager/ Additional General Manager personally, with the approval of the FA&CAO in individual cases attendant with special circumstances. These instructions are hereby reiterated and re-circulated as Annexure to this letter for compliance.
View: Time-limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowance (TA) on retirement: Railway Board Order RBE No. 51/2021
3. This disposes NFIR’s letter under reference.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Dy. Director Finance Estt.I