Prescription by Brand Name by Specialists of Government Hospitals: CGHS OM dated 29.03.2022
File No.69-1/2019-20/CGHS/MSD/E-Part(3) 172
Government of India Ole Lee
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011
Dated, the 29th March, 2022
Subject: – Prescription by Brand Name by Specialists of Government Hospitals – regarding.
With reference to the subject cited above, the undersigned is directed to say that Medical Store Depot (MSD) under CGHS,Delhi is procuring cancer medicine viz. Tab Nilutamide (brand name Zandron & Ziluta) for CGHS beneficiaries suffering from Prostate Cancer on the prescription of Urology Specialist. The specialists of RMLH and SJH are prescribing the aforesaid medicine by brand name which leads to a lot of dissatisfaction among patients if medicine is provided by different brand name.
2. Attention is invited to Government of India’s policy which stipulates doctors especially in Government Hospitals for prescribing medicines by generic names.
3. It is, therefore, requested to issue necessary instructions to Urologists of your hospital for prescribing medicine by generic name Tab Nilutamide, so that L1 brand is issued to the beneficiaries.
(Dr. Nikhilesh Chandra)
1. The Medical Superintendent, Safdarjung Hospial, New Delhi.
2. The Medical Superintendent, Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi.
Copy to: –
1. The Additional Secretary & Director General (CGHS), MoH&FPW.
2. The Director General of Health Services, DGHS, MoH&FW.
3. The Additional Director (MSD), CGHS, Delhi.