Mission Karmayogi – MoR’s organisational set-up on iGOT Karmayogi Digial Platform: Railway Board Order
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA ( भारत सरकार )
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS ( रेल मंत्रालय )
RAILWAY BOARD ( रेलवे बोड )
New Delhi dt: 23.05.2022
The General Manager/CAO,
All Zonal Rlys & PUs.
The Director General/Director,
All Central Training Institutes,
(Kind Attention: Nodal Officers, IR/Mission Karmayogi)
Sub: Mission Karmayogi – MoR’s organisational set-up on iGOT Karmayogi Digial Platform.
Ref: Board’s letter No. 2020/E(Trg)/30/14 dated 24.03.2021
Kindly refer to the Railway Board’s letter of even number dated 24.03.2021 conveying Board’s decision for rolling out of Mission Karmayogi initiatives across Indian Railways and an Action Plan for effective implementation of the same through an NPCSCB cell to be created over each railway unit.
2. ‘Mission Karmayogi’ – the National Programme for Civil Service Capacity Building (NPCSCB) seeks a paradigm shift in enhancing the capacity of the Civil Servants by building their behavioral, domain and functional competencies, creating a framework of shared resources and transitioning from a ‘rules-based’ system to the roles-based’ system. The focus of the initiative is on building service capacity and enhancing the quality of citizen- government interface and securing greater citizen satisfaction in all sphere of public services. The initiative broadly consists of –
- Content/course creation and publishing on iGOT digital platform;
- On-boarding of officials on iGOT Karmayogi digital platform;
- Rolling out of ‘Framework of Role Activities and Competencies’ – FRAC.
3. In compliance to the Action Plan approved by the Board(CRB & CEO), NPCSCB cells have been created in Board’s office and each Zonal Rly/PUs/CTIs & other railway units under a Nodal officer. The cell is overall responsible for implementation and monitoring of Mission Karmayogi initiatives, as mentioned in para 2 above.
3.1 To familiarize railway administration with Mission Karmayogi framework as well as to provide way forward, an online workshop was conducted by Railway Board along with DoP&T Team on 11th March,l 2022, which was also attended by the Nodal officers of railways.
3.2 Further, National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) is also conducting workshops on Mission Karmayogi from time to time and railway officials concerned with the Mission Karmayogi may be nominated for the workshop.
4 DoP&T have developed a digital platform – iGOT Karmayogi.
- It will serve as digital market place where carefully curated and vetted digital e- learning contents will become available as training modules on anytime, anywhere basis.
- It will provide the platform for onboarding of user officials to enable them to access the learning contents available on it.
- It will ultimately become the resource for ensuring transition from rule based system to role based system by identifying competency gaps and providing training solutions to bridge the same thereby enabling a position holder to discharge his/her duties more effectively.
4.1 NAIR and other CTIs have been nominated for creating & publishing contents/courses on the iGOT Karmayogi platform. However, it is felt that railways have many outstanding officials and their knowledge, experience and expertise shall also be utilized for populating iGOT Karmayogi platform with more railway related courses. It will speed up railway specific content/course creation and will benefit the user officials to progress in their career, build expertise and specialization and/or meet their professional and personal aspirations. Details reg Content development on iGOT Karmayogi platform along with roles linked with content/course development has been briefed in the attached Annexure.
5. With the above views, it has been decided to onboard all the railway units including RB, Zonal Rly/PUs/CTIs through their NPCSCB cell on the iGOT Karmayogi platform on the hub & spoke model where NPCSCB Cell at Railway Board as MoR will be at the top of the set up as the Super Administrator and all the railway units shall be brought under the MoR/Railway Board. However, each railway unit will have their own Administrator who will be able to manage and supervise all the activities on iGOT in respect of the railway unit concerned. The orgnisational set-up of IR on iGOT Karmayogi platform will be as follows :
- NPCSCB Cell at Railway Board will be Super Administrator for IR on iGOT Karmayogi Platform and will be able to monitor and supervise all the activities of various railway units.
- Under MoR/Railway Board, various Zonal Railways, PUs, CTIs and other units like RDSO, CORE, WPO etc. will be enrolled as individual entities. All these Units will have their own MDO (Ministry/Department/Organization) Administrator and Department-wise course/content Reviewers & Creators.
- NPCSCB Cell under respective Nodal officer will have the role of MDO Administrator for the concerned railway unit and will be responsible for the overall implementation and supervision. They will be able to identify and provide course/content creation and review access to users. They will also be responsible to process the requests related to their organization changes, made by the iGOT users.
- On each railway unit, concerned PHoDs will have the role of Content Reviewer.
- On approval of the concerned PHoDs, MDO Administrator shall allocate roles of Content Creators to identified railway officials.
- All the CTIs will also have the same functions as stated above beside roles of course/content publishers. These course/content publishers will also have the responsibility to serve as course/content publishers for their CTI as well as other railway units (department-wise). For example, course/content publishers at IRICEN will have responsibility to serve as course/content publisher(s) for Civil Engineering Departments of all the railway units including IRICEN.
5.1. To facilitate the on-boarding of railway units on iGOT Karmayogi Platform, the respective Nodal officers are requested to provide a generic mail ID/ Login credentials in r/o their NPCSCB Cell (for example, mail ID/Login credential for NPCSCB Cell of Railway Board is npcscb.rb[at]gmail.com) to use the same as MDO Administrator on iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
5.2. The details may be provided in the following proforma by 26.05.2022, positively to NPCSCB Cell/ RB through mail at npcscb.rb[at]gmail.com.
|NPCSCB Cell @ ••••••••••••• (name of the railway unit)|
(avl. on Whatsapp)
|Nodal Officer (already nominated)|
|Cell’s generic mail ID (for MDO Admin role)|
6. Once the · task of on-boarding MDO administrator(s) on iGOT Karmayogi Platform is completed, the respective NPCSCB Cell as MDO Administrator under the Nodal officer will facilitate on-boarding of user officials. Details thereof will be shared separately.
( Jitendra Kumar ) Dy Director (Training)
Railway Board Ph: 011-23047251