Reimbursement of medical claims to pensioners under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 as directed by various CATs/Courts
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 12th September, 2022
Subject: Reimbursement of medical claims to pensioners under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 as directed by various CATs/Courts-reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that as per Note-2 below Rule-2 of CS(MA) Rules, 1944, Retired Government officials are not covered thereunder. However, as per extent CGHS guidelines, Central Government Pensioners residing in non-CGHS areas have the following options:
- They can avail Fixed Medal Allowance (FMA) in lieu of OPD facilities under CGHS.
- They can also avail benefits of CGHS (OPO & IPD) by registering themselves in the nearby CGHS covered city after making the required subscription.
- They also have the option to avail FMA, for OPD treatment and CGHS for IPD treatments after making the required subscriptions as per CGHS guidelines.
2. All Ministries/ Departments of Government of India are requested to bring the contents of this OM to the notice of organization(s) under their administrate control for guidance and compliance thereof. Also, retiring Central Government employees may be made aware of the above rule position.
3. Court CATs cases filed by pensioners may be defended by Ministries/ Departments in the light of above rule position. No reference in this regard needs to be made to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for comments/ clarifications etc, thereon.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Digitally Signed by Guite
Elsy Thang Biak Lun
Date: 12-09-2022 15:52:01
(Guite Elsy Thang Blak Lun)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tol. No. 011-23061778
All the Ministries/Departments, Govt of India.
View: CGHS card is valid for Referral to empanelled HCOs of pensioner beneficiaries through Referral Module, irrespective of City / WC where the card is registered
How my dependents daughters. Son will get echs trestment.
My mother is not taken medical card as of now but dedication every month 1000 since 4yrs,for claim this amount wt was the process,
Ruling in r/o those residing in remote areas who have no approach to CGHS deispenceries nearby their localities is against the sipirits of goodwil of govt for its ex paramilitary pensioners. Some of the pensioners served in high altitude areas and recieved disorders of body which could not be cured in their life. At least paramilitary ex should get CGHS faciliywithout any contribution occasionally if they need.
Reimbursement claim should be settled in prescribed time limit of pensioners by CGHS.
I reside at KANCHRAPARA so there is no nearby facility for my card for Dr or medicine. Can I approach AIIMS, KALYANI and get Dr and medicine there?
May i go directly to command Hospital Alipur for treatment without refering slip from ECHS