Processing of transfer applications of GDS under limited transfer facility introduction of GDS online transfer Portal: Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
Dated : 28.11.2022
All Chief Postmasters General
Subject: Processing of transfer applications of GDS under limited transfer facility introduction of GDS online transfer Portal.
Please refer to this office letter no. 17- 3112016-GDS dated 20.09. 2022 whereby it was inter-alia, informed that an online Portal for procesing transfer applications of GDS is being prepared by the CEPT and therefore, it was also directed as under:
(i) GDSs may be allowed to submit their requests for transfer only till 15.10.2022 .No application for GDS transfer will be entertained in the manual mode after 15.10.2022 under any circumstances.
(ii) Circles/Regions/Divisions shall finalize all the pending requests for Limited Transfer (received upto 15.10.2022) by 30.11.2022.
2. It is understood that the Circle would have completed the above exercise within the time lines specified. In this context , it is informed that CEPT in process of finalizing different module in respect of GDS Transfer and some of the modules have already been finalized. In order to the expedite the process, following timelines have been prescribed for CEPT for development of the remaining module and for Circles to process the transfer applications:
|Timeline for CEPT for development/ modification in modules
|Timelines for Divisions/ Circles
|Master Data entry of the GDS vacancies by the Unit/Divisions
|28.11.2022 to 05.12.2022
|Updation of mobile numbers of the GDS seeking transfers with the Divisions in the portal to create login credentials
|28. 11.2022 to 07.12.2022
|Online Registration and submission application by the GDS applicants seeking transfer
|08.12.2022 to 14. 12.2022
|Verification of online applications by the Di visions
|15.12.2022 to 18. 12.2022
|Completion of system process
|19 12.2022 to 21.12.2022
|Verification of Transfer process as test check for one Division each per Circle
|22.12.2022 to 24.12.2022
|Online list of transfers approved
|Relieve the GDS to join in the new Post
3. Vacancy calculation for GDS online software : –
Vacancies arising due to discharge from engagement from 01.07.2022 to 31.12.2022. voluntary discharge from engagement, resignations, promotion on regular departmental posts upto 30.11.2022 will be taken in to consideration for transfer. In addition to, the unfilled post of the earlier Cycles for which the panel has been exhausted and the posts fell vaca nt in the ongoing GDS onlinc engagement Cycle IV (upto 30.11.2022) due to resignations of the incum be nts after JOmmg would a l o be taken into consideration. This exercise i to be ca rried ou t by the Divisions between 28.11.2022 to 05.12.2022. The CEPT will share ‘URL’ for Rule 3 Transfer of GDS and would also share the login credentials with the Divisions and the manner in which the data entry is to be carried out by 28.11.2022. The instructions to use the Portal/URL would also be availa ble in the URL itself.
Order of Priority: –
- The applications submitted by the applicants received in the login of the Divisional/Unit Head (where GDS is presently working). The email/pop up message on the same will also be received by the Divisional/Unit Head.
- Date of engagement shall be considered for deciding order of priority of all such applications. However, the PwD cand idate will give preference irrespective of date of engagement.
- In case of tie in date of engagement, date of birth shall be considered for deciding order of priority.
The detailed instructions for the GDS applicants and for Divisional/Unit Heads is annexed as Annexure.
4. In addition to above all the HoCs are requested to ensure completion of the following tasks also for notification of GDS vacancies in Schedule-I January 2023:-
(i) Vacancy calculation for notification in Schedule-I (January) 2023: – After completion of the online transfer process all the vacancies including falling vacant due to deputation of GDS to APS and IPPB (for more than six months), as prescribed vide this office Om No . No.17-31/2016GDS(pt) dated 25.11.2022 would be calculated and intimated to this office as well as to the CEPT by 05.01.2023.
(ii) The notification for GDS Online Engagement will tentatively be issued simultaneously by all the Divisions on 19.01.2023 in Schedule-I (January) 2023 by notifying all the vacancies mentioned in Para 5 (i).
(iii) Circles must complete/finalize conducting of CCE and review of Compassionate cases by conducting special CCE before notifications of vacancies.
(iv) Vacancies must be uploaded by Divisions as per the schedule to be conveyed by the CEPT in their consultation.
(v) Further process in respect of the vacancies already in pipeline under Cycle IV for which the verification process/joining process is underway, will continue as per the time lines given in the notification issued in May, 2022.
(vi) All HOCs may ensure that engaging u nits are strictly following already approved and circulated model notifications to notify GDS vacancies through GDS on line engagement process
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Tel. No. 011-23096629
(OM No. 17-31/2016-GOJ)
Procedure for Submission Consideration of Transfer under Limited Transfer Facility for GDS
Instructions for GDS seeking transfer
(i) Submission of online application– :
- Any GDS seeking transfer will have to update his mobile no with the Divisional Head in the Rule 3 Transfer Portal to create his login credentials. Without an updation of the mobile number, the concerned GDS will not be able to apply for transfer under limited transfer facility.
- Once they are registered, they will be able to login through the same portal using mobile no. as their login ID. The details of the password would be shared on their registered mobile number.
- Once the user credentials are created, any GDS, who have completed one year of engagement may apply online from 08. 12.2022 to 14.12.2022 as per histher convenience against the vacancies notified.
- GDS may fill choice of a maximum of ten (10) Posts in order of preference of one Division in any Circle. The transfer will be considered for any one of the indicated Post in order of preference.
- Till the final submission, the GDS would be having option to change/modify his details/preferences or to withdraw his request till the last date specified for submission.
- Final list of the GDS whose transfer is approved will be released on 25.12.2022. A system generated message/email of approval will be sent to the candidate on the same day A consolidated list will be published in the website of the Department as well as in the online transfer Portal and the same will also be displayed in the login of Divisional/ Unit Head (Both where the GDS is working and where transfer has approved)
- Refusal to accept, the Limited Transfer order shall be construed as one chance of Limited Transfer availed by GDS.
- If GDS is not accommodated in any requested posts, he/she can apply again in the next monthly cycle of the online engagement.
- After submision of transfer request, a system generated SMS/Email will be send to the GDS on registered mobile/email Id.
(ii) Activities done by Divisional./Unit Head: –
- Divisional Head will enter the details of vacant posts as calculated in the manner specified in para (3) of the OM No. 17-3112016-GDS dated 25. 11.2022.
- The Division would inform all concerned that GDS seeking transfer will have to get their Mobile No updated in the ‘Rule 3 Transfer Portal’. Once they are registered, they will be able to login through the same portal using mobile no. as their login ID. The details of the password would be shared on their registered mobile number.
- All the online applications received by Divisional/Unit Head, will be verified from the records during the period from 15.12.2022 to 18.12.2022. If not verified within the stipulated time period , the particulars will be treated as deemed verified and the responsibility would lie with the concerned Division.
- Applications received from GDS, who does not fulfil the eligibility criteria as on the date of application shall be rejected outright by the Divisional/Unit Head by entering appropriate remark , e.g,
- GDS has entered wrong date of engagement. One year of engagement is not completed due to unauthorised absence.
- GDS is under put off duty.
- Disciplinary action/Police case/Court case is pending.
- GDS already availed requisite number of chances.
- A system generated SMS1Em ail will be send to the GDS regarding acceptance/rejection of their transfer request with reasons of rejection.
- All the remaining online applications will be processed between 19.12.2022 to 21. 12.2022.·
- Once applications are processed, the CEPT will share the draft list with concerned Divisions for verification during the period from 22. 12.2022 to 24. 12.2022. Discrepancy, if any, would be shared by the concerned Division with the CEPT to get it rectified , as per the procedure prescribed by the CEPT for correction.
- Final list of the GDS whose transfer is approved will be released on 25. 12.2022. A system generated message/email of approval will be sent to the candidate on the same day. A consolidated list will be published in the website of the Department a well as in the online transfer Portal and the same will also be displayed in the login of Divisional/Unit Heads (Both where the GDS is working and where transfer has approve.
- Refusal to accept the Limited Transfer order shall be construed as one chance of Limited Transfer availed by GDS.
- Once transfer is approved. the GDS shall be relieved by 07.01.2023 of the next mon th in which transfer is approved to j oin the new u nit.
(iii) Mutual Transfer : – The provision of the mutual transfer will be same a mentioned in OM No . 17-3112016-GDS dated 15.07.2021 and will be dealt manually.Click here to view/download the PDF