Issue of Caste Certificate Format in Scheduled Languages in the prescribed format and digitally– DoPT writes to States & UT dated 13.04.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 13 April, 2023
The Secretaries of all States & Union Territories
Subject:- Issue of Caste Certificate Format in Scheduled Languages – regarding.
I am directed to say that this Department has issued a letter No. 36036/2/2013-Estt.(Res.), dated 30.05.2014, prescribing a format for OBC caste certificate. All the candidates belonging to OBC community are required to submit the OBC certificate in the aforesaid format.
2. The Committee on the Welfare of Other Backward Classes in its report on “Measures undertaken to Secure Representation of OBCs in employment and their welfare in AAI” has observed that AAI has been accepting OBC certificates in scheduled languages while recruiting candidates belonging to OBC community. The Committee has recommended that DoPT may circulate guidelines to be followed by all Ministries/ Departments and PSUs thereunder regarding acceptance of OBC certificates in scheduled languages. They have also recommended that the digital copy of the OBC certificates may also be made online to verify the authenticity of such certificates by the recruiting organizations.
3. In view of the recommendations of the Committee, it is informed that there may be no objection if, in addition to the official language, the State/ UT Governments issue a caste/community certificate for SC/ST/OBC in any of the scheduled languages in the prescribed format. Further, it is requested that the State/UT Governments may make efforts to make available a digital copy of the such certificates online to verify their authenticity by the recruiting organizations.
4. This issues with the approval of Secretary (P).
(Sign of Authority)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- The Secretaries of all the Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India
- Department of Financial Services, New Delhi.
- Department of Public Enterprises, New Delhi.
- Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- UPSC/SSC/Supreme Court of India/Election Commission of India/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya Sabha Secretariat/Cabinet Secretariat/Prime Minister’s Office/President Secretariat/ NITI Aayog
- The Secretary, National Commission For Scheduled Castes, 5th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
- The Secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes, 6th Floor, B Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi- 110003.
- The Secretary, National Commission for Backward Classes, Trikoot – 1, Bhikaji Cama Place New Delhi – 110 066.
- Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
- Director, ISTM
- NIC, DoPT with the request to upload the same on the website of the Department.
******Click to view/download PDF