Procedure for correspondence with Railway Board – Prescribed Specimen of letter
भारत सरकार GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड) (RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, 31.03.2023
All Indian Railways/PUs etc.
Sub: Procedure for correspondence with Railway Board.
Ref. : Board’s Letter No.2021/O&M/3/2 dated 16.02.2021
Attention is invited to above referred letter wherein instructions w.r.t. procedure for making correspondence with Railways was issued for compliance. However, it has been observed that the same is not adhered to. Further, while making correspondence with Railway Board, proper letter format is also not followed. In view of this, the procedure for correspondence with Railway Board is again reiterated as below :
- Correspondence with Railway Board should bear the approval of General Manager/concern PHoD and an endorsement to this regard may be indicated in the letter.
- All Letters (Except for routine nature and reminders) addressed to Railway Board should be signed by an Officer not below the rank of SAG or Selection Grade (in case of Public Relation Deptt.)
- Wrong/Unauthorised designations should be avoided and every communication may invariably bear the Name, Designation, Landline No., Mobile No. and email address of the signatory.
- As regards proper format of letter, a specimen of the letter being used in Board’s Office is enclosed for reference.
2. The above may be brought to the notice of all the concerned for ensuring strict compliance.
Joint Secretary/Railway Board
Tele No. 011-47845551
Email ID: t.srinivasl[at]gov.in