Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) has published a resolution in Gazette of India vide No.F.NO. 5(1)-B(PD)/2011 dated 19-03-2012 regarding Interest Rates on General Provident Fund (GPF) & Similiar funds, which has been revised to 8.6% (eight point six percent) with effect from 1.12.2011
Resolution – accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds – 2011-2012(89 KB) (Dated 19th March, 2012)
New Delhi, the 19th March, 2012
It is announced for general information that during the year 2011-2012, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight per cent) for the period from 1.4.2011 to 30.11.2011 and 8.6% (eight point six percent) with effect from 1.12.2011.
The funds concerned are:—
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.