Presence of PAN in old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction leads to problem in timely processing of returns. The Directorate of Income Tax (Systems) has issued following letter to concerned authorities to finish the work of transfer of PANs from old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction to their correct and present jurisdictional officers.
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (SYSTEMS)
ARA Center, Ground Floor, E-2, Jhandelwalan Extension,
New Delhi – 110055
F .No.DGIT(S)/DlT(S)-I/AIS Misc./0010/2015
All the Principal Chief Commissioners of lncome-tax/ CCSIT
All the Commissioners of Income-tax (CO & Admn.)
Subject:Migration of PAN lying in Old/Orphan/Defunct Jurisdiction-regarding.
Kind reference is invited to AIS instructions no. 80, AST instruction no. 97 and 134 on the above subject (copies enclosed for ready reference) wherein procedure for migration of PAN lying in old/orphan/defunct Jurisdiction to the Jurisdictional A.Os. through the Nodal officer/jurisdiction defined under CIT(CO) was circulated.
2. Presence of PAN in old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction leads to problem in timely processing of returns and also raises problems consequent to selection of PAN in CASS. Therefore the above procedure was devised to address the various problems of processing and informed to field formation vide above instructions.
3. It is observed that some Jurisdictional CslT/ RCCS have yet not finished the work of transfer of PANs from old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction to their correct and present jurisdictional officers. CIT wise status of PANS lying in old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction is attached in Annexure A.
4. The work of migration of PAN from Old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction should be completed before 31.7.2015 well before running of next CASS cycle. Considering the urgency of matter, I am directed to request you that jurisdictional CslT may be asked to expedite the work of transfer of PAN lying in old/orphan/defunct jurisdiction to the Nodal jurisdiction and thereafter RCCs should transfer PANs to their correct present jurisdiction.
5. Detailed PAN wise list of PANs present in Old/orphan/defunctjurisdiction is also available on lTAXNET server path lTAXNET -> RESOURCES -> DOWNLOADS -> SYSTEMS ->DATA FOR FIELD FORMATIONS -> OLD MARKED PANs.csv.
6. Also, there are certain jurisdictions having description like TDS Ao, ClB AO where PAN should not reside as no processing is done in such jurisdictions. It may therefore be ensured that PANs may be quickly transferred out from these jurisdictions to correct current jurisdiction or to the Nodal jurisdiction under CIT (CO). Nodal officer/CIT (CO) may transfer such PANs to correct jurisdiction at the earliest.
Read order with annexure click here
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]