Railway Minister announces two more passenger friendly services namely (i) Cancellation of PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website and 139 (ii) Acceptance of International Debit and Credit Cards for payment for e-ticketing through IRCTC website
Cancellation of PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website and through 139 (IVRS and SMS)
CANCELLATION THROUGH IRCTC WEBSITE: (Annexure-I)
CANCELLATION THROUGH 139: (Annexure-II)
Acceptance of International Debit and Credit Cards for payment for e-ticketing through IRCTC website
- At present, only American Express International Credit Cards are accepted at IRCTC portal through American Express (AMEX) Payment Gateway. Other International Cards are not accepted for payments as on date.
- IRCTC will now permit other International Credit/Debit Cards issued outside India also for booking of e-tickets through IRCTC website. These International Credit/Debit Cards will be used for payment through the payment gateway provided by M/s.Atom Technologies.
- 4% of transaction value (inclusive taxes as applicable) shall be levied for each transaction through the International Credit/Debit Cards.
- This payment option is available only when ticket is booked at least 2 days in advance of journey date.
- This payment option is not available for booking of “Tatkal” or “Premium Tatkal” quota tickets.
- This payment option is not available for booking of tickets in “Premium trains”.
- Select the “International Cards powered by Atom” payment option present under ‘Payment Gateway/Credit Card’ category at payment page.
- Input all the mandatory details for payment at the Gateway page, such as Card Number, Name, Expiry, CVV, Bank Name, mobile number, e-mail and address.
- After submission of all the details, ticket will be booked in case of successful payment response received from the Bank/Payment Gateway.