Amendment in Rule 21 of GDS (Conduct & Engagement ) Rules, 2011 for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan , Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject :Implementation of approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on amendment in Rule 21 of GDS (Conduct & Engagement ) Rules, 2011 for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
The undersigned is directed to refer to Rule 21 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011.
2. After taking into consideration the recommendation of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on amendment in Rule 21 of GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011 and in supersession of all previous orders regarding Rule 21 of the GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011, the Competent Authority has approved the following substitution in Rule -21 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011 for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS):-
“21. Every Sevak shall at all times:-
(i) maintain absolute integrity;
(ii) maintain devotion to duty; and
(iii) do nothing which is unbecoming of a Sevak.”
“21-A Promptness and Courtesy:-
No Sevak Shall:-
(i) in the performance of his official duties, act in a discourteous manner;
(ii) in his official dealing with the public or otherwise adopt dilatory tactics or willfully cause delay in disposal of the work assigned to
21 -B. Prohibition of sexual harassment of working women :-
(1) No Gramin Dak Sevak shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman at any workplace.
(2) Every Sevak who is in charge of a workplace shall take appropriate steps to prevent sexual harassment to any woman at such workplace.
EXPLANATION:- 1. For the purpose of this Rule:-
(a) “Sexual Harassment” includes any one or more of the following acts or behavior , (whether directly or by implication), namely:-
(i) physical contact and advances; or
(ii) a demand or request for sexual favours; or
iii) making sexually coloured remarks; or
(iv) showing pornography ; or
(v) any other unwelcome physical, verbal, non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
(b) The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behavior of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment :-
(i) implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in employment/engagement; or
(ii) implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in employment/engagement; or
(iii) implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment/engagement status; or
(iv) interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
(v) Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
(c) “Workplace“includes ,-
(i) any department, organisation, undertaking, establishment, enterprise, institution, office, branch or unit which is established, owned, controlled or wholly or substantially financed by funds provided directly or indirectly by the Central Government;
(ii) hospitals or nursing homes;
(iii) any sports institute , stadium, sports complex or competition or games venue, whether residential or not used for training, sports or other activities relating thereto;
(iv) any place visited by the employee/GDS arising out of or during the course of employment/ engagement including transportation provided by the employer for undertaking such journey;
(v) a dwelling place or a house.
3. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Source: Deptt of Posts