Allocation of Work and Staff between Department of Defence and newly created Department of Military Affairs
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence
Dated the 09th January, 2020.
Sub: Allocation of Work and Staff between Department of Defence and newly created Department of Military Affairs.
Cabinet Secretariat vide its notification No.1/21/17/2019-Cab dated 30.12.2019 has amended the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961 to create a new Department viz. Department of Military Affairs (DMA) in the Ministry of Defence. The Second Schedule to the said Rules has also been amended allocating the subjects between the Department of Defence and Department of Military Affairs.
2. Accordingly, with immediate effect, the work as mentioned in the Annexure to this Order stands transferred to Department of Military Affairs from the Department of Defence. Two posts of Joint Secretary, 13 posts of DS/Director, 25 posts of Under Secretary and 22 Section Officers along with supporting staff stands transferred to the Department of Military Affairs.
3, Further, the Secretariat for Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) presently under the DCIDS (PPRFD) vertical of HQIDS will be shifted to the DG, Acquisition Wing of DOD.
4, Notwithstanding the above distribution, any matter which has an import on the Defence Policy has to be dealt by DOD.
5. This issues with the approval of Defence Secretary.
- PS to Hon’ble RM
- PS to Hon’ble RRM
- All Secretaries in the Ministry of Defence
- Secretary (Defence Finance) _
- All Additional Secretaries, Joint Secretaries in MoD
Details of Work to be transferred to DMA
1 & 2. AG.I and AG.II Divisions
1. Statutory complaints — policy of all ranks and individual cases of Army Officers on disciplinary matters only. (other individual cases are to be dealt with by respective administrative Sections).
2. Court martial and disciplinary cases for all Army officers/personnel.
3. Human Rights violations cases referred by NHRC pertaining to discipline, Recruitment, Terms & Conditions of Service and Manpower Planning in Army to expedite disposal of cases.
4. Recruitment policy for Army Officers/personnel.
5 Policy on Terms and Conditions of Service (excluding pay and allowances and pensionary benefits) of all ranks of the Army (other than those from (i) Medical, Dental and Nursing;& (ii) TA and NCC)
6. Amendment to Defence Services Regulations in r/o provisions relating to Recruitment, Terms and Conditions of Service, Discipline and Manpower Planning in Army.
5. Casualities and issue of condolence messages from Raksha Mantri to the next of kin (NOK) of Army personnel who die in various operations.
8. Prisoners of War/Geneva Convention of 1949.
9. Policy on Manpower Planning in Army.
10. Maintenance allowance – individual cases.
11. Detention in Military custody – individual cases.
12. Policy on grant of Honorary Rank/Commission to JCOs and NCOs.(Powers in respect of individual cases stands delegated to Army HQ).
13. Pre-independence awards.
14. Individual cases from Infantry-6 (Pers) pertaining to terms & conditions of personnel.
15. All establishment and administrative matters pertaining to AG’s Branch i.e. Estt. and administrative matters of AG’s Branch, including issue of Govt. sanction, of office equipment, computer, Telephone, fax etc. for various Establishments under AG’s Branch of Army HQ.
16. Individual cases regarding reserve and reinforcement.
17. Policy on documentation and Records of Army offices.
18. Policy on grant of Permanent Commission, Short Service Commission, SL Commission and Inter-Arms transfer.(Power stands delegated to Army HQ in individual cases).
19. Policy on extension of tenure-SSC officers.
20. Individual offers for recruitment in the Army.
21. Notification in the Gazette of India of appointment/promotion to JCO rank in respect of Infantry-6 pers. “
22. Policy on appointment of JCO as ADC to the President. °
23. Recovery of Government dues from Army personnel.
24. Individual cases of furlough, parole and pre-mature release of Army prisoners.
25. Policy on leave encashment of Army personnel.
26. Verification of character and antecedents of Army Recruits (includes cases belonging to Nepal).
27. Opening of Recruiting Offices/Branch Recruiting Offices (BROs)/Centres all over India.
28. Convention on the ‘Rights of the Child’.
29. Policy matters relating to fraud/irregularity in enrolment in Army.
30. Compassionate appointments. (Some cases are being dealt with by D(AG) and some other by respective Sections of the concerned Arms.)
31. Plural marriages-individual cases.
32. Cadre review of JCOs/ORs.
33. Policy on terms & conditions of Army Officers and personnel on deputation with Assam Rifles.
34. It is administrative section for AG/Infantry-6(Pers). ,
35. Extension of PEs in respect of various Establishments viz. Provost Marshal, Vigilance Directorate and Recruiting Directorate.
36. Regularisation of Government losses in respect of cases pertaining to Recruitment Terms and Condition of Service, Discipline & Manpower Planning emanating from Rtg. Dte, PS-2 Dte, DV Dte and MP Dte. except MP-4(Civ) which deals with Civilian matters.
37. Establishment cases of AG/C&W Dte,
Note – Individual cases pertaining to welfare schemes for serving soldiers as well as retired soldiers emanating from Ceremonial and Welfare(C&W) Directorate are dealt with by D(Res) section.
38. Missing personnel of Army from 1965 and 1971 Wars, i.e. issues relating to
Note – Personnel missing in Action/ Operations is the concern of ‘G’ Wing.
39. Military convicts/personnel.
40. Admission in Army Schools.
41. Policy on transfers of Personnel Below Officer rank (PBOR) – individual cases of Infantry-6 (Pers) only.
42. Appointment of non-Indians.
43. Maintenance of Army Bands.
44. Policy relating to Army Messes.
45. Policy regarding recruitment examinations through UPSC for CDS/NDA & NA Examination/ IMA.
Note – Actual conduct of examination etc. is carried out by UPSC and the service HQ. Admn. Powers for grant of Commission to the Cadets delegated to Service HQ.
46. National Service Act.
47. Indian Reserve Forces Act.
48. Army Reserve of ranks up to the rank of Non-Commissioned Officers.
49. 49. Establishment matters of — .
(a) Corps of Military Police (CMP)
(b) Judge Advocate General’s Department (JAG).
50. Policy relating to dresses, badges, and ribbons for the Army.
51. Participation of Armed Forces Personnel in Elections.
52. Welfare and entertainment of serving soldiers and their Families.
93. Policy regarding delegation and deputation abroad of Armed Forces Personnel [Policy regarding delegation and deputation abroad of Civilian Personnel in the Armed Forces – concerned Administrative Section]
54. Matters relating to the delegation of the administrative power.