Handbook for Retiring Central Government Employees by DoP&PW – Read & Download here
Government of India
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi-110 003
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|1||Eligibility for pension|
|2||When you can get pension|
|3||Classes of pension|
|4||Points for timely processing of pension papers/ claims|
|5||Road map/ time frame for processing the pension cases|
|7||Calculation of Retirement benefits|
|8||Family pension on death/discharge for NPS beneficiaries|
|9||How to claim pension|
|10||Interest on delayed payment|
|11||How Pension is paid|
|12||Redress of grievances|
|13||Non-pensionary retirement benefits|
|14||Fixed medical allowance|
|17||Disbursement of monthly pension|
|18||Payment of pension to All India Services (AIS) officers|
|19||Final payment of GPF to AIS officers|
|20||Payment of CGEIS accumulations to AIS officers|
|21||Payment of pension on becoming NRI after retirement|
|22||CGHS facility for pensioners|
|24||Indicative Table of pensione:ry any other dues payable to IAS officer retiring on superannuation (age 60 years) from apex scale (Level-17, pay Rs.2,25,000/-)|
|25||Appendix (containing payment procedure for AIS officers and Annexures-1, II and III)|
A HANDBOOK FOR RETIRING GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR PENSION?
- A Central Government employee who joined in pensionable service prior to 01/01/2004
- Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) beneficiaries in service on 01.01.1986 other than those who chose to continue under the CPF Scheme thereafter.
- Temporary employees retiring on superannuation pension/ invalidation with not less than 10 years’ service qualifying for pension.
- An employee who is dismissed or removed from service forfeits his pension.
- Resignation from service entailsforfeiture of past service.
WHEN CAN YOU GET PENSION?
- Pension is payable on retirement after attaining the age of compulsory retirement (superannuation) or in advance of this age under certain circumstances.
- Pension is also payable before the age of superannuation on voluntary retirement after rendering 20 years of qualifying service under Rule 48- of CCS(Pension) Rules or after attaining age of 50/55 years under FR 56(K) subject to other conditions aslaid down in the Rules.
- Family pension is payable to an eligible family member on the death of an employee while in service or after retirement.
CLASSES OF PENSION
Pension granted under CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 can be:
- Superannuation Pension
- Retiring Pension
- Invalid Pension
- Compensation Pension
- Compulsory Retirement Pension or Compassionate Allowance
- Pension on absorption to a PSUIAutonomous body.
DOs FOR RETIREES FOR TIMELY PROCESSING OF THEIR PENSION PAPERS/CLAIMS
DURING THE SERVICE, RETIREE IS REQUIRED TO ENSURE THAT
- His/her family details are kept updated
- All Nominations are kept updated
- Head of Office/ DDO has verified the service – no gaps in service
- You are entitled to Certificate/s of Qualifying Service on completing 18 years of service and 5 years before retirement. This period is not to be reopened for assessment
- Leave Record is kept updated
POINTS TO BE KEPT IN MIND WHILE FILLING UP THE FORMSON BHAVISHYA PORTAL
- Choose your bank with caution – Please see your easy accessibility to the nearest branch of the Bank. This will be helpful as you growin age.
- Joint account with spouse is mandatory unless exempted by Head of Office. This is important while sanctioning of family pension after the death of pensioner, the spouse will not face any difficulty, as the process for switch over from pension to family pension ismuch easier.
- Primary account holder should be the pensioner. If the spouse isprimary account holder, the pension case will be returned by the concerned bank.
- Name of all family members should be given to Head of Office in Form 3.Married sons and married daughters are also the part of family and the same should be mentioned in Form 3.
- Option to get Pension Payment Order (PPO) through Head of Office instead of Bank can be exercised.
- Address of communication should be properly indicated in the Form.
- Mobile number Iemail should be updated in the system site. NIC/ GOV Mail should be mentioned as alternate Email and the Email other than NIC/GOV should be mentioned as primary mail.
- Name in the bank account and service record should not be mismatched. For example, if the name in service record is Naresh Kumar Sharma, in bank account also it should be the same (instead of writing N .K. Sharma)
- Photo uploaded/pasted by the retiree should be clear and as per the guidelines mentioned on Bhavishya. Se1fieI blurred photographs are not allowed.
- Name and Date of Birth of family members should be correct and matched from the service records and other supporting documents such as educational certificate /Aadhaar Card/Driving license etc.
- The retiree should consider appropriately before applying to avail the facility of CGHS/ FMA/CGHS (In-door) + FMA/ health facility of previous organization as well as spouse’s health facility.
- Commutation of the pension is optional and therefore a subjective concept. The retiree should take decision regarding the commutation of pension asper his/her requirement.
- Late submission of pension forms should be avoided. The Bhavishya system sends message to the retiree 8 months before the date of retirement; intimating the login Id and password. The retiree now requires filling his pension papers on Bhavishya system
Download the Original PDF available at Pensioners Portal total size is 34 MB [Good for Print]
This PDF is optimized for better reading in mobile. Download from the link given below:-