UIDAI Salary, Allowances and Other Terms and conditions of Service of Employees Regulation 2020 Notification
UNIQUE IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY OF INDIA
New Delhi, the 21st January, 2020
Unique Identification Authority of India (Salary, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Employees) Regulations, 2020
(No. 2 of 2020)
No. A-12013/13/RR/2016-UIDAI (No. 2 of 2020).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 21 read with clause (i) of sub-section (2) of section 54 of the Aadhaar
(Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016), as amended vide the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019), the Unique Identification Authority of India hereby makes the following regulations, regulating the salary and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, the Chief Executive Officer, officers and other employees of the Authority, namely:‒
1. Short title and ‒ (1) These regulations may be called the Unique Identification Authority of India (Salary, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Employees) Regulations, 2020.
(2) These regulations shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions.‒ (1) In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires,‒
(a) “Act” means the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016), as amended vide the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019);
(b) “Appellate Authority” means the Chairperson where the Chief Executive Officer is the Disciplinary Authority and the Chief Executive Officer or such other officer to whom such powers have been assigned by the Authority in respect of any class or level of officers by general or special order in other cases;
(c) “Authority” means Unique Identification Authority of India established under sub-section (1) of section 11 of the Act;
(d) “Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Authority appointed on full-time or part-time basis under section 12 of the Act;
(e) “Chief Executive Officer” means the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority appointed under section 18 of the Act by the Central Government;
(f) “Competent Authority” means the Chief Executive Officer or such other officer to whom any of his power(s) and/or function(s) are delegated by the Authority by general or special order;
(g) “Disciplinary Authority” means the Chief Executive Officer or such other officer to whom any of his powers and/or functions are assigned by the Authority in respect of any class or level of officers by general or special order;
(h) “duty” includes —
(i) Service as a probationer,
(ii) Period during which an employee is on joining time or training authorised by the Authority,
(iii) Period spent on causal leave;
(i) “employee” means any person appointed by and on the rolls of the Authority and shall include the officers and other employees of the Authority;
(j) “Headquarter” means head office of the Authority as notified by the Central Government under Section 11 of the Act from time to time;
(k) “level” means the level specified in the pay matrix under the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 as modified, amended or substituted from time to time;
(l) “pay matrix” means the pay matrix specified under the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 as modified, amended or substituted from time to time;
(m) “post” means any post in a grade whether permanent or temporary mentioned in the First Schedule annexed to these regulations;
(n) “Regional Office” means regional offices of the Authority as notified by the Central Government under Section 11 of the Act from time to time,
(o) “service” includes the period during which an employee is on duty as well as on leave duly authorised by the Competent Authority, but does not include any period during which an employee is absent from duty without permission or overstays his leave, unless specifically permitted by the Competent Authority, and
(p) “Technology Centre” means offices for Central Identities Data Repository operations as notified by the Central Government under Section 11 of the Act.
(2) The words and expressions used in these regulations, but not defined, shall have the same meaning as respectively assigned to them under the Act.
3. Decision by the Competent Authority and appeal ‒ (1) The powers exercisable by the Competent Authority under these regulations shall also be exercisable by any authority superior to the Competent Authority.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer or the officer to whom such powers have been vested under sub- regulation (1) shall be responsible for deciding on all complaints, grievances, disputes and other similar matters arising under these regulations:
Provided that any employee aggrieved of such decision may make an appeal against such decision within forty-five days of the issuance of the order conveying the decision, before ‒
(a) the Chief Executive Officer, where such orders have been passed by an officer subordinate to him; or
(b) the Authority, where such orders have been passed by the Chief Executive Officer:
Provided further that the Chief Executive Officer shall not participate in the meeting of the Authority where an appeal on his decision is to be decided.
Categories of posts and classification
4. Categories of posts, classification and ‒(1) The category of posts, their classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in the First Schedule annexed to these regulations.
(2) The inter-se allocation of the posts among different functional areas of Headquarter including Regional Offices and Technology Centre of the Authority shall be such as decided by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
:: :: ::
[view pdf for another chapters]
:: :: ::
The First Schedule [See regulation 4]
Category of officers and employee and their level in pay matrix
|Sl. No.||Classification||Name of the Post||
Level in the Pay Matrix
|1.||Group A||Chief Executive Officer||Not below 15|
|2.||Deputy Director General||14|
|3.||Assistant Director General||13|
|4.||Assistant Director General (Technology)||13|
|5.||Assistant Director General (Technology – DS Level)||12|
|6.||Senior Principal Private Secretary or Principal Private Secretary||12 or11|
|8.||Deputy Director (Technology)||11|
|9.||Assistant Director (Technology)||10|
|10.||Assistant Director (Official Language)||10|
|11.||Senior Accounts Officer||10|
|12.||Group B||Section Officer||8|
|14.||Assistant Accounts Officer||8|
|16.||Assistant Section Officer||6|
|18.||Junior Translation Officer||6|