Exemption to employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS)
F.No.C- 13014/ 1/2020-Vig.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 06/ 03/ 2020
Subject: Exemption to employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System(AEBAS) – reg.
Though only a small number of novel coronovirus(COVID-1 9} cases are reported in our country but keeping in view the nature of virus, it is a must to take all possible preventive measures to stop spread of virus.
2. . It is learnt that most common method of transmission of virus seems to be through infected surfaces. Therefore, it is desirable to avoid touching surfaces, which might be infected due to human touch.
3. In view of the above, all the Ministries/ Departments are requested to exempt their employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System(AEBAS) till 31st March, 2020. However, all the employees are required to mark their attendance in Attendance register, (as done prior to launch of biometric system), during this period.
(Ajay Kumar Singh)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. All the Ministries/ Departments, Government of India
2. PMO/Cabinet Secretariat
3. PS to Hon’ble MOS(PP) }
4. PSO to Secretary(Personnel} For Information
5. Sr. Tech. Dir., NIC, DoP&T
Source: DOPT Click here to view/download the PDF
How to we obtain the clarification in respect of office memorandum being employee whether prior permission is required of respective department