PCDA Circular No. 629 – Enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension i.r.o. JCO/ORs for 7 years of upto 67 years age
Payment of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension upto 67 years instead of 65 years in non extension cases.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence (Finance)
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Circular No. 629
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject:- Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Force Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not –reg.
Reference is invited to the GoI, MoD letter No. F. 14(3)/98/D(AG) dated 03.09.1998 under which revised age of retirement was extended for 2 years with effect from 30.05.1998. Accordingly applicability of enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was enhanced from 65 to 67 years age of service pensioner or 7 years after retirement whichever was earlier to the Armed Force Personnel, who have qualified in screening board and got extension of 2 years in service. Personnel who had not get extension due to this in their case, old provision was applicable and enhance rate of ordinary family pension was applicable upto 65 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years of service whichever was earlier.
2. Various pensioners association has represented that the orders of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension upto 67 years instead of 65 years in non extension cases also) on the issue as GoI, MoD letter No. 6(1)/99/D(Pen/Sers) dated 18.03.1999 does not debar the benefit enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for those cases where extended term of engagement have not been granted by Screening Committee or were not availed for any other reason.
3. Now, the issue has been examined at appropriate level and it has been decided vide MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019 that provision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family pension, irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement, already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required.
In terms of clarification received from MoD it is stated that Armed forces personnel, who have not given extension are also eligible for enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for 7 years or upto 67 years whichever is earlier.
View : Submission of pension claims in 3 months advance before discharge: PCDA Circular No. 627
4. In view of the above, it is requested that the future cases/claims may be dealt accordingly. In respect of past cases covered under this provision will be dealt by PDA for payment of arrears in affected cases.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
1. The Dy. Secretary, Govt. of India, Ministry of PPG & P(Deptt. of P&PW),Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi.
2. Director (Pensions), Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence D (Pen/Sers), Sena Bhawan, Wing ‘A’ New Delhi.
3. Naval HQrs, PP & A, DHQ PO New Delhi.
4. DPA, Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi- 11.
5. Air HQrs Ad PP & P- 3, West Block-VI, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
6. Sr. Dy.CGDA(AT-II), O/O the CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt– 110010.
7. PCDA (Navy) No.-1, Cooperage Road, Mumbai- 400039.
8. PCDA (WC), Chandimandir, Chandigarh
9. CDA (AF), West Block-V, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
10. CDA Teynampet, Chennai
11. CDA (PD) Ayudhpath, Meerut
12. JCDA (AF) Subroto Park, New Delhi- 110010.
13. Director of Audit, Defence Service, New Delhi
14. All Regiment/Corps.
15. Naval Pension Office C/o INS, Tanaji, Sion- Trombay Road Mankhurd Mumbai -400088
16. Air Force Record Office, Dhaula Kunwa, Delhi Cantt.
17. Director MP8(I of R)Integrated HQ of MOD(Army)AG’s Branch, Addl Dte Gen of MP/MP8(I of R) West Block-III, RK Puram ,N-Delhi 110066
18. The OI/C All ROs/PAOs
19. All Addl CsDA/ Jt. CsDA in Main Office.
20. All GOs in Main Office.
21. The OI/C, G-1M(Tech), AT-ORs(Tech) & G-1/Civil (Tech.)
22. All SAOs/AOs/AAOs in Gts/ORs Complex.
23. The OI/C, EDP Manual.
24. The OI/C, EDP Centre.
25. The OI/C, PHP Cell EDP Centre
26. All Sections in Main Office.
27. The OIC, G -2 Section
28. The OI/C, G-3 Section
29. The OI/C, G – 4 Section
30. The OI/C O & M Cell
31. The OI/C Complaint Cell
32. The OI/C, EDP Centre (Website) for uploading the circular on the website.
33. Defence Pension Liaison Cell.
34. The OI/C Reception Centre, PCDA(P) Allahabad-14.
35. The Director, Defence Pension Training Institute, Allahabad.
Sr. Accounts Officer (Pensions)