Grant of promotion with retrospective effect to the empanelled/ selected staff against vacancies: Railway Board Order RBE No. 71/2020
RBE No. 71/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(NG)I/2020/PM 1/11
New Delhi, dated August 24, 2020
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways / PUs,
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Grant of promotion with retrospective effect to the empanelled/ selected staff against vacancies – reg.
NFIR has raised the issue that due to total Lock down on account of Covid-19 pandemic, the staff promotions have been delayed on Zonal Railways etc., although vacancies existed and Staff entitled for promotion against vacancies. It has been stated that some employees entitled for promotion to higher pay levels have retired on Superannuation in March and April, 2020, which has deprived them of status, financial and retiral benefits.
View: Periodical Transfer of Railway employees; List of Sensitive posts: Railways Board RBE No. 67/2020
The Federation has requested that keeping in view that the legitimate promotions to staff should not be denied or delayed even in extraordinary situations arisen as a result of Covid-19, all such staff may be granted promotion with retrospective effect.
The matter has been considered by the Board, while it may not be a practical solution to offer promotion with retrospective effect, Zonal Railways have been requested that the selection Process may be expedited to the extent feasible, taking any special measures during the lockdown etc.
No. E(NG)I/2020/PM 1/1] New Delhi, dated August 24, 2020
Copy forwarded to:-
1. The Genl. Secy., AIRF, Room No.253, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (35 copies).
2. The Genl. Secy., NFIR, Room No.256-E, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (35 copies).
3. All Members/Departmental Council & National Council & secretary/Staff Side, National Council, 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi (60 spares).
4. The Secy. Genl., FROA, Room No.256-A, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (5 spares).
5. The Secy. Genl., IRPOF, Room No.268, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (5 spares).
6. The Genl. Secy., AIRPFA, Room N 0.256-D, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi-110001.
7. The Secy., RBSS Group ‘A’ Officers Association, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
Yes i am one of the affected employee on promotion from and group c to group b exam objective type question not called forand also during 2017 as chief office Supt promotion increment either 3% increment or grade pay from 4600 to 4800 due to iiird macp i got reejected myy promotion privileges and i fèl 6th pc is not favourable to us 43 years service no leave nowadays all enjoying ccl and we aged retired without leave payment if ccl given we aged also be favoured or all equal in railway services pray justice
My april salary during lockdown i got only 16 days balance from april 2nd to 14th nothing paid and marked as LAP and i got retired on 30th april shall i eligible for lockdown payment please