Assistant Commandant Recruitment Rules, 2020 in the NDRF under the MHA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 9th October, 2020
G.S.R. 620(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 75 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 (53 of 2005) read with rule 3 of the National Disaster Response Force Rules, 2008 and in supersession of the National Disaster Response Force, Group ‘A’ Technical posts Recruitment Rules, 2010, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Assistant Commandant (Assistant Engineer Civil/Electrical), Assistant Commandant (Medical Officer Veterinary/ Veterinary Assistant Surgeon) and Assistant Commandant (Communication/Telecom) in the National Disaster Response Force under the Ministry of Home Affairs, namely:-
- Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Home Affairs, National Disaster Response Force, Assistant Commandant (Technical) Recruitment Rules, 2020.(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix. – The number of posts, their classification, level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc. – The method of recruitment, age-limit,qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
- Disqualification. – No person –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do,it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with Central Government, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect of any class or category of persons.
- Saving. – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non- selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits.|
|1.Assistant Commandant (Assistant Engineer Civil/Electrical).||16*(2020) *Subject to variation dependent on workload||Not applicable.||Level 10 in the pay matrix Rs. 56100 – 177500.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption grades from which promotion or deputation/absorption to be made|
|By deputation (including short-term contract).||Deputation (including short-term contract):
Officers of the Central Government or State Governments or Union territories or Armed Forces or Central Para Military Forces or Central Police organisations or State Police Organisations–
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department;
or (ii) with two years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in level 8 in pay matrix Rs. XMRrsquo; service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in level 7 in pay matrix Rs. 44900 – 142400 or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; and
(b) possessing the following educational qualifications and experience : (i) Bachelor Degree in Civil or Structural or Electrical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute; and (ii) three years’ experience in execution of civil or structural or electrical works in a recognised office or organisation or institution.
Desirable: One year experience in project designing including framing data structures; data flow; report designing; complete system designing and online project implementation on the servers under secured environment
Note 1: The Departmental Officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed seven years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall not be exceeding forty five years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Note 4: The candidates shall be medically fit and having good mental, bodily health and free from any physical disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|Name of the post.||Number of posts.||Classification||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non-selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits.|
|2. Assistant Commandant (Medical Officer Veterinary/ Veterinary Assistant Surgeon).||16* (2020) *Subject to variation dependent on work load.||Not applicable.||Level 10 in the pay matrix Rs. 56100 – 177500.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|3. Assistant Commandant
|16* (2020) *Subject to variation dependent on work load.||Not applicable.||Level 10 in the pay matrix Rs. 56100 – 177500.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
[F. No. 1-3/2017-NDRF]
ASHISH KUMAR SINGH, Under Secy.