Junior Investigator Recruitment Rules 2020 in the Bureau of Police Research & Development, MHA MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS New Delhi, the 24th Nove
Junior Investigator Recruitment Rules 2020 in the Bureau of Police Research & Development, MHA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 24th November, 2020
G.S.R. 169.- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Bureau of Police Research and Development, Junior Investigator, Recruitment Rules, 1971 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Junior Investigator in the Bureau of Police Research & Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, namely : –
- Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Bureau of Police Research &Development (Junior Investigator) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official
- Number of posts, Classification and level in the pay matrix.-The number of the post, its classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in Columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.-The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in Column (5) to (13) of the Schedule.
- Disqualifications.-No person, –
- who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax.-Where the Central Government is of opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules, with respect to any class or category of persons.
- Saving.-Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits|
variation dependent on
Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted,
|Level 5 (Rs.
|Not applicable||Between 18-27 years.
(Relaxable for Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government).
The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of application from candidates in India
(and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahual & Spiti District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands or
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies be filled by various methods|
|Bachelor ‘s degree in Criminology or Sociology from a recognized university. Note.- The qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.||Not applicable||Two years||By direct recruitment failing which by deputation (including short term contract).|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption level from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment|
|Deputation (including short term contract): Officers under the Central Government or State Government or Universities or Recognised Research Institutes or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government Statutory or Autonomous organizations:
(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or (ii) with five years’ regular service in the post rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in level 4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100/-) in the pay matrix or equivalent in parent cadre or department; and (b) Possessing educational qualifications prescribed under column (7). Note 1.- Period of deputation, including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediate!y preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years. Note 2.- The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|Group ‘C’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for confirmation) comprising of :
(i) Assistant Director (Admn),Bureau of Police Research and Development – Chairman; (ii)Administrative Officer/Section Officer, Bureau of Police Research and Development – Member;
(iii)One Gazette officer to be nominated by the Director General, Bureau of Police Research and Development -Member
[F. No. 23011/172/2017-PT]
NARENDRA KUMAR SAHOO, Under Secy.