Junior Psychiatric Social Worker (Group ‘B’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi under MoHFWMINISTRY OF HEA
Junior Psychiatric Social Worker (Group ‘B’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi under MoHFW
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 23rd December, 2020
G.S.R. 790(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Hospital for Mental Diseases, Ranchi (Recruitment to class III and Class IV posts) Rules, 1959 in so far as it relates to the post of Psychiatric Social Worker (Junior) except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Junior Psychiatric Social Worker in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, Junior Psychiatric Social Worker (Group ‘B’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number, classification and level in the pay matrix. – The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.– The method of recruitment to the said post, age- limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualifications.– No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person having a spouse living, or (b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving. – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Schedule Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex- servicemen and the other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non- selection post.||
Age-limit for direct recruits.
Junior Psychiatric Social Worker.
1* (2020) *Subject to variation dependent on work load.
General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Non- Gazetted, Non- ministerial.
|Level 6 in the pay matrix (Rs. 35400 –112400/-).||Not applicable.||
30 years. (Relaxable for Government servants upto five years in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Central Government).
Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur,
Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul & Spiti district and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Union Territory of Ladakh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands or Lakshadweep).
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||
Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.
Master Degree in Social Work from a recognised University or Institute with specialization in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work.
One year experience in the field of Psychosocial Assessment and Management and Rehabilitation in Mental Health as Psychiatric Social Worker from a Government recognised hospitals or institutions.
|Not applicable.||Two years.||By direct recruitment.
Note: vacancies caused by the incumbent being away on deputation or long illness or study leave or under other circumstances for a duration of one year or more may be filled on deputation basis from officers of Central Government.
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis; and
(b) possessing the qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits under Column (7).
In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable.||Group ‘B’ Departmental confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of: 1 Director, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi. – Chairman; 2. Officer of Specialist Grade-I, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi –Member; 3. Chief Administrative Officer, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi – Member.||Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.|
[F. No. A.12018/51/2017-ME] VISHAL CHAUHAN, Jt. Secy.