Nursing Attendant (Group ‘C’ Post), Recruitment Rules, 2021 – Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 22nd January, 2021
G.S.R. 06.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of (i) the Willingdon Hospital and Nursing Home (Class IV) Recruitment Rules, 1973, in so far as they relate to the posts of Aya, Animal Attendant, Female Attendant (Junior), Female Attendant (Senior), Laboratory Attendant, Nursing Orderly/Attendant, Orderly, Store Khalashi, Stretcher Bearer and Ward Attendant/Ward Boy; and (ii) the Doctor Ram Mahohar Lohia Hospital and Nursing Home (Group ‘D’) Recruitment Rules 1979, in so far as they relate to the posts of VD Male Visitor and Helper, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Nursing Attendant in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Nursing Home, New Delhi, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, Nursing Attendant (Group ‘C’ Post), Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classifications and level in pay matrix.—The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of person in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Pay Band and
Scale of Pay plus
|Nursing Attendant||260* (2021)
Animal Attendant (1)
Dark Room Attendant (1)
ECG Attendant (1)
Female Attendant Junior (1)
Female Attendant Senior (1)
Laboratory Attendant (16)
Neuro Lab Attendant (1)
Plaster Room Attendant (2)
Store Khalasi (4)
Stretcher Bearer (21)
VD Male Bearer (1)
Ward Attendant/Ward Boy (4)
*Subject to variation
dependent on workload.
Service, Group ‘C’,
|Level-1 in the pay
selection or nonselection post
|Educational and other
qualifications required for
recruits will apply in the
case of promotees
|Period of probation, if
|Method of recruitment,
whether by direct recruitment
or by deputation/
and percentage of the
vacancies to be filled by
|Not applicable.||Between 18 and 27 years.
(Relaxable for Government servants upto the age of forty years in the case of general candidates and upto forty-five years in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or the Scheduled Tribes in a accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time)
Note 1: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub -division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh and the Union territory of Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep.
Note 2: The crucial date for determining the age-limit in the case of candidates from employment exchange shall be the last date up to which the employment exchange is asked to submit the names
|(i) 10th Standard pass or its equivalent qualification from
a recognised Board;
(ii) First Aid Certificate from an Institution recognized by
the Central Government or a State Government; and
(iii) one year experience in hospital work in a fifty bedded
Note 1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the
competent authority for the reasons to be recorded in
writing in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: Qualifications regarding experience are relaxable
at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission for the
reasons to be recorded in writing in the case of candidates
belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled
Tribes, if, at any stage of selection, the Staff Selection
Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of
candidates belonging to these communities possessing the
requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up
the vacancies reserved for them.
|Not applicable||Two years||By direct recruitment|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or
deputation/absorption, grades from
which promotion or
deputation/absorption to be made.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists,
what is its composition.
|Circumstances in which
Union Public Service
Commission to be
consulted in making
|Not applicable||Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of :-
(1) Additional Medical Superintendent, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi – Chairman;
(2) Head of Department of the concerned Department of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi -Member;
(3) Deputy Director Administration, of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi – Member.
[F. No. A. 12034/09/2018-MH-II]
PREM NARAIN, Under Secy.