Social Security Assistant Recruitment Rules 2021 – Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
New Delhi, the 1st February, 2021
No. HRD/1(1)2011/Cadre Restructuring/Vol.III.- In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of subsection (7) of Section 5D of the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (No. 19 of 1952), and in supersession of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (Social Security Assistant) Recruitment Rules, 2003, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board, Employees’ Provident Fund, hereby make the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Social Security Assistant in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules shall be called the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation Social Security Assistant Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix.- The number of posts, its classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in column (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and other qualifications etc.- The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters connected thereto shall be as specified in column (5) to (13) of the said Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Disqualification.- No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Board may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Board is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Central Government, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings.– Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Pay Band and
Scale of Pay plus
|Level-5 (Rs.29,200-92,300) in the pay matrix.
After completion of 4 years of regular service in the Cadre, 80% of Social Security Assistant (SSA) shall be placed to the pay in Level 6 in the pay matrix (35400 – 112400) subject to fitness and availability of vacancy.Note:
(1) Existing Social Security Assistant (SSA) in Level 4 in the pay matrix (Rs.25,500 – 81,100) shall be placed in Level-5 in the pay matrix (Rs.29,200 – 92,300).
(2) As a one-time measure, Social Security Assistants (SSA) who have put in combined service of 4 years in Level – 4 in the pay matrix (Rs.25,500 – 81,100) and Level-5 in the pay matrix (Rs.29,200 – 92,300) shall be placed in Level-6 in the pay matrix (Rs.35,400 – 1,12,400) against 80% quota subject to fitness and availability of vacancy.
selection or nonselection post
|Educational and other
qualifications required for
recruits will apply in the
case of promotees
|Period of probation, if
|Method of recruitment,
whether by direct recruitment
or by deputation/
and percentage of the
vacancies to be filled by
|Between 18 and 27
(The upper age limit
is relaxable for
upto forty years in
accordance with the
instructions or orders
issued by the Central
|(i) Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University.
(ii) A typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on computer. (35 words per minute and 30 words per minute correspond to 10500 Key Depression Per Hour (KDPH) / 9000 KDPH on an average of 5 key depressions
for each word for Data Entry Work. Time allowed – 10
Qualification: To the
extent provided under
column no. (11).
|80% by Direct Recruitment
through open competitive
examination conducted by
Employees’ Provident Fund
Organisation or through an agency
approved by the Central Board.
15% by promotion failing which
by Direct Recruitment.
5% Recruitment for Meritorious
|In case of recruitment by promotion or
deputation/absorption, grades from
which promotion or
deputation/absorption to be made.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists,
what is its composition.
|Circumstances in which
Union Public Service
Commission to be
consulted in making
|By promotion from amongst Lower
Division Clerk (Field Office):
a. having thirteen years’ regular service in Level-2 in the pay matrix (Rs. 19,900-63,200) in the respective zone* and who possess qualification of matriculation from a recognized
b. qualifying a skill test with a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on computer. (35 words per minute and 30 words per minute correspond to 10500 Key Depression Per Hour (KDPH)/9000 KDPH on an average of 5 key depressions for
each word. Time allowed – 10 minutes.
* Respective Zone means all offices of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation maintaining a common seniority list within the zone.
Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation of Direct Recruits) consisting of.-
Central Provident Fund Commissioner and Secy., Central Board, Employees’ Provident Fund