Executive Engineer (Level-11) – Engineering Cadre Recruitment Rules, 2021: Ministry of Home Affairs, Sashastra Seema Bal, Group ‘A’ (Non-Combatised)
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 25th February, 2021
G.S.R. 17. – In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Cabinet Secretariat, Special Service Bureau (Engineering Service) Recruitment Rules, 2000 in so far as it relates to the post of Executive Engineer except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Executive Engineer in Ministry of Home Affair, Sashastra Seema Bal, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Home Affairs, Sashastra Seema Bal, Group ‘A’ (Non-Combatised) Engineering Cadre Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix.- The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualification, etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax .—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving .—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age- limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time, in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix||Whether selection post or non selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits|
*Subject to variation dependent on work- load
|General Central Service, Group ‘A’ , Gazetted, Non-Ministerial||Level-11 in the pay matrix Rs. 67700- 208700/-||Selection||Not applicable|
|Educational and other qualification required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Two years||By promotion failing which by deputation|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/absorption to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
(i) Assistant Engineer (Grade-I) of Sashastra Seema Bal in level-8 of the pay matrix Rs. 47600-151100 with six years regular service in the grade failing which Assistant Engineer (Grade-II) of Sashastra Seema Bal in level-7 of the pay matrix Rs. 44900-142400 with seven years regular service in the grade; and
(ii) should have successfully completed two to four weeks promotional training as specified by the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal from time to time.
Note : Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or the Union territory administration ,-
(a)(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with five years service rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in level-10 in the pay matrix Rs. 56100- 177500/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the following educational qualifications and experience, namely:-
(i) Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University or Institution;
(ii) five years experience in respective field.
Note-1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note-2: The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years.
Note-3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of :-
(1) Chairman or member, Union Public Service Commission – Chairman;
(2) Inspector General, Sashastra Seema Bal – Member;
(3) Joint Secretary or Director, Ministry of Home Affairs – Member;
(4) Deputy Inspector General, Sashastra Seema Bal -Member.
Group ‘A’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:-
1. Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal -Chairman;
2. Inspector General, Sashastra Seema Bal – Member;
3. Joint Secretary or Director, Ministry of Home Affairs – Member;
4. Deputy Inspector General, Sashastra Seema Bal -Member.
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary.|
[F. No. 17/7/SSB/CSC/Gp ‘A’/2017/SFS]
K. PRAKASHAM, Under Secy.