Casualty Pensionary Awards for the Armed Forces Officers and JCOs & ORs wef 01.01.1996: PCDA Circular No. 649 O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEF
Casualty Pensionary Awards for the Armed Forces Officers and JCOs & ORs wef 01.01.1996: PCDA Circular No. 649
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Subject: – Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of the fifth CPC regarding casualty pensionary awards for the Armed Forces Officers and JCOs & Other Ranks.
Reference:- This Office Circular No. 458 dated 06.04.2011.
A copy of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, letter No.2(3)/2012/D(Pen/Pol)/Vol-II dated 02.09.2021 on the above subject, which is self explanatory, is forwarded herewith for further information, guidance and necessary action,
2. In terms of Gol, letter no. 1(11)/2006-D(Pen-C)/PC dated 08th September, 2009 and No. 1(11)/2006-D(Pen-C)/PC dated 5th March, 2010, the circumstances under category ‘E’ (f) (ii) mentioned in Para 4.1 of Gol letter no. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) dated 31.01.2001 the term ‘Battle Inoculation Training Exercises’ would cover the following six categories:-
(i) Flying operation involved in rehearsing of war plans and implementation of OP instructions inclusive of international exercises.
(ii) All combat and Tactical Sorties in preparation of war.
(iii) Valley flying and missions involving operating at ultra low levels.
(iv) All operational missions undertaken during peace like Special operations, Live ORP, Recce, Elint, Survey and inductions trials of new weapons.
(v) Missions undertaken in support of troops and security forces deployed in forward areas.
(vi) Flying missions involving landings on the ALGs.
(3) Para 2 of GoI, MoD letter dated 08.09.2009 states that “cases already settled prior to the date of issue of this letter will not be reopened”.
(4) It has been decided by the competent authority as per ibid Gol, letter dated 02.09.2021 that now the flying accidents cases that occurred on or after 01.01.1996 and which fall strictly under six categories mentioned at para 2 above may also be considered for grant of pensionary benefits in terms of MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) dated 30.01.2001. Accordingly, Para 2 of the MoD letter No. 1(11)/2006/D(Pen-C)/PC dated 8th September, 2009 stands removed.
5. Service HQrs/Records Offices concerned are advised to re-examine each such case strictly in accordance with six categories mentioned at para 2 above in consultation with PCDA without any deviations.
6. A copy of this circular along with Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 2(3)/2012/D(Pen/Pol)/Vol-II dated 02.09.2021 is also available on the website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
(Ashwini Kumar Pandey)