Reservation in Promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) in the Organised Group-‘A’ Railway Services/IRMS and Miscellaneous Services of India Railways – Railway Board RBE No. 132/2022 dated 25.10.2022
RBE No. 132/2022
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, Dt. 25.10.2022
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways/Production Units/etc.
[Kind Attention: PCPOs, PFAs, Dy.CPO (G) s/Dy. CAO(G)s]
Sub: Reservation in Promotion to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs) in the Organised Group-‘A’ Railway Services/Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS) and Miscellaneous Services of Indian Railways.
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) has decided that the provisions for grant of reservation in Promotion to PwBDs, as contained in the DoP&T’s OM dated 17.05.2022, referred to above. shall be implemented in respect of Eight* Organised Group-“A’ Railway Services/Indian Railway Management Service(IRMS) & Miscellaneous Services of Indian Railways, while considering promotions from Group-“B” to Group-“A” posts [including ad-hoc promotion from Group-“B” to Group-“A” posts. where applicable]. from the Panel Year-2022 and onwards. [*Civil, Electrical, Mechanical. signal & Telecommunication, Stores, Personnel, Accounts & Traffic].
2. Promotion of Railway officers from Group-“B” to Group-“A” posts, on regular basis, is granted at Railway Board’s level, in consultation with UPSC, based on the ‘All India Integrated Seniority List for each service/cadre. Therefore, the Zonal Railways/ PUs/etc are requested to indicate/furnish the Name(s) of the PwBDs, who are available in the seniority lists (as on 01.01.2022) of various cadres/miscellaneous cadres, so that their name(s) could be identified in the All India Integrated Seniority Lists of the year 2022, for this purpose.
3. While furnishing/indicating the name(s) of the PwBDs, as available in the seniority lists as on 01.01.2022, it should be clearly mentioned that such persons (PWBDs) possess the Valid Certificate of Benchmark Disability to be eligible for the benefit of reservation. Further, as stated in Para-4(4.3) & 12(iv) of DoP&T’’s OM dated: 17.05.2022. no benefit of reservation shall be given on the basis of temporary certificate of disability.
4. Moreover, as provided in Para-4(4.2) of the ibid OM. an employee who acquires disability, after entering into service, will be entitled to get the benefit of reservation in promotion as a PwBD. However, seniority of such employee among the PwBDs will be counted from the date of certification of his/her disability i.e. disability of 40% or more in the categories covered under Section 34(1) of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act’2016.
5. Zonal Railways/PUs are requested to keep the above aspects in view while furnishing the name(s) of PwBDs to Board’s office. They are also required to invariably indicate whether such PwBDs belong to SC/ST.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Copy for information to:
1. The Secretary General, indian Railways Promotee Officers’ Federation, Room No. 268, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.Click here to view/download the PDF