Leave Rules Simplified – LAP, LHAP, CL, SCL, Study Leave, LND, Leave Rules for School Teachers, ML, PL, WRIL, CCL
Leave Rules – Index
|SN||Type of Leave||Page No|
|1||LAP – Leave on Average Pay||2|
|2||LHAP – Leave on Half Average Pay||3|
|3||CL – Casual Leave||4|
|4||SCL – Special Casual Leave||5|
|6||LND – Leave Not Due||7|
|7||Leave Rules for School Teachers||8|
|8||ML – Maternity Leave||10|
|9||PL – Paternity Leave||11|
|10||WRIL – Work related illness and Injury Leave||12|
|11||CCL – Child Care Leave||13|
LAP – Leave on Average Pay
- Railway employees are eligible for advance credit of 30 days LAP in their leave account every year.
- The credit is given in two installments e. 15 days on 1 st January and 15 days on 1 st July of every year.
- In case of appointment or retirement in any part of half year credit shall be given at the rate of 2 ½ days per month up to the end of that half year.
- In case of unauthorized absence, suspension, Dies-non etc, 1/10 th of such period will be debited to the leave account.
- Maximum 300 days can be accumulated.
- Advance credit of 15 days of next half year will be kept (300 + 15)
- Maximum 180 days LAP can be sanctioned at a time
- On retirement, 300 days LAP can be en-cashed.
- LAP cannot be combined with CL
LHAP – Leave on Half Average Pay
➢ Railway employees are eligible for 20 days LHAP in a year.
➢ It is credited to the leave account in two installments @ 10 days each. ( 10 days on 1 st January and 10 days on 1st July).
➢ In the case of appointment or retirement in any part of half year credit shall be given at the rate of 5/3 days per month up to the end of that half year.
➢ In case of unauthorized absence, suspension, dies-non etc, 1/18 th of such period to the LHAP account.
➢ There is no maximum limit for accumulation.
➢ During LHAP employees are paid half pay salary.
➢ On retirement LHAP can not been-cashed. However, if 300 days of LAP is not available for encashment, LHAP to the extent of the difference can be en-cashed.
➢ Employees can opt for conversion of sick period into LHAP, it can be accepted and double the amount of sick period will be debited to LHAP account.
CL – Casual Leave
➔ Casual Leave is sanctioned to attend to sudden and urgent personal work.
➔ Full salary is paid for the CL period.
➔ Employees who are allowed to avail public holidays are eligible for 8 days CL in a year.
➔ Others are eligible for 11 days CL in a year.
➔ Half day CL can be sanctioned to the employees working in Administrative Offices.
➔ CL cannot be combined with any other kind of leave and joining Time.
➔ Employees appointed on any day in the year are eligible to avail full CL i.e. 8 or 11 days.
➔ Physically Challenged employees are eligible for additional 4 days CL in a year.
➔ Un-availed CL will lapse and will not be carried forward to next year.
SCL – Special Casual Leave
- SCL is sanctioned to those employees who are in Scouts, Guides, Territorial Army and St. John Ambulance for attending camps and rallies.
- It is sanctioned to Sports persons for participating in tournaments and coaching camps.
- It is sanctioned to the Office bearers of recognized Trade Unions for attending PNM, FNM and Executive committee meetings.
- It is granted to attend DAR Inquiries as Defense Helpers.
- It is granted to the employees who are in managing committees of Co-Operative Societies, Stores, Canteens, and Institutes etc for attending meetings.
- SCL is also sanctioned to cover the absence due to bundh, curfew, flood
- Full salary is admissible for SCL.
- SCL cannot be combined with any other kind of leave.
★ Study leave is sanctioned to the employees on completion of 5 years service in Railway.
★ This leave is sanctioned for higher studies useful for Railways.
★ After returning from Study leave, employees should work at least 3 years in Railways.
★ Initially Study leave is sanctioned for 12 months.
★ It can be extended up to 24 months.
★ Railway Doctors can be sanctioned up to 36 months.
★ This leave is not debited to any leave account.
★ Full salary is paid during Study leave by reducing Stipend or Scholarship, if any.
★ On completion of course, a pass certificate should be produced.
★ Otherwise, the entire salary should be refunded.
★ Study leave can be combined with any other kind of leave.
- If combined, total leave should not exceed 28 months and for Phd 36 months.
LND – Leave not due
➔ Leave not due is sanctioned when the employee is not having LAP or LHAP balance.
➔ This leave is sanctioned on a Medical Certificate.
➔ In the entire service maximum 360 days LND can be sanctioned.
➔ Only half pay is paid during LND like in LHAP.
➔ This is like overdraft of LHAP.( Advance sanction of LHAP)
➔ Sanctioning authority should believe that after LND employees will come back to work and earn an equal amount of LHAP for debiting LND to LHAP account.
➔ It can be in continuation to LAP and LHAP.
Leave Rules- School Teachers, HMs & Librarians
- All Railway servants are credited 30 days LAP in a year in and 15 days on 1st July
- But in the case of Railway School Teachers, Headmasters and Librarians only 10 days LAP is credited in two installments e. 5 days on 1stJanuary and 5 days on 1st July.
- The remaining 20 days LAP will not be credited to their leave account because they avail Mostly the total vacations in a calendar year will be more than 20 days.
- Every Teacher, Headmaster & Librarian should avail full vacations compulsorily.
- If he is not allowed to avail full vacation due to some administrative work of the school, his LAP account will be credited with 20 days as additional LAP.
- If he is not allowed to avail a portion of vacation due to some administrative work of the school, his LAP account will be credited with a proportionate amount of LAP as additional LAP.
- Suppose in a calendar year there are 40 days of vacation.
- If he is allowed to avail 40 days vacation, no additional LAP will be credited to his LAP account.
- If he is not allowed to avail 40 days vacations, then 20 days LAP will be credited to his LAP account as additional LAP.
- If he is allowed to avail only 20 days vacation, then only 10 days LAP will be credited to his LAP account as additional LAP.
- Every year 20 days LHAP is credited to leave account in two installments e. 10 days on 1stJanuary and 10 days on 1st July. It does not have any link with availing or not availing vacations like in the case of LAP.
ML – Maternity Leave
♣ ML is sanctioned to female employees.
♣ ML is sanctioned for Pregnancy /Miscarriage / Abortion.
♣ For Pregnancy 180 days ML is sanctioned.
♣ For miscarriage and abortion 45 days ML is sanctioned in entire service.
♣ Employees should have less than 2 children for ML in case of pregnancy.
♣ No restriction on the number of children in case of Miscarriage/abortion. Only a Medical Certificate is sufficient.
♣ ML can be combined with any other kind of leave.
♣ If combined with any other kind of leave (including LND up to 60 days) total leave is restricted to two years.
♣ ML is not debited to any other leave account.
♣ Full salary is paid during ML.
PL – Paternity Leave
- PL is sanctioned to male employees.
- Employees should have less than 2 surviving children.
- Period of this leave is 15 days.
- PL is sanctioned during confinement of the wife (i.e. 15 days before or within 6 months from delivery date).
- If PL is not availed within the above period, it will lapse.
- PL is sanctioned even for adoption of a child of less than one year age.
- PL is not debited to any leave account.
- Full salary is paid during PL.
- PL can be combined with any other kind of
WRIL – Work related illness and Injury Leave
✔ Introduced w.e.f 14.12.2018 in place of Hospital Leave and Special Disability Leave.
✔ WRIL is granted for injury or illness attributable to official work.
✔ Full salary for the entire period of hospitalization.
✔ Full salary for the first six months after hospitalization.
✔ Half salary for next twelve months.
✔ In the case of Officers of RPF department:
- Full salary for the first 6 months.
- Half salary for next 24 months.
✔ In the case of Constables and Inspectors of RPF department:
✔ Full salary is paid for the entire period of WRIL.
✔ WRIL is not debited to LAP or LHAP accounts.
✔ Credit of LAP & LHAP will not be given for the WRIL period.
CCL – Child Care Leave
→ Eligibility – Female employees as well as Single Male Employees.
→ Maximum 730 days during the entire service.
→ CCL is sanctioned to take care of 2 eldest surviving children.
→ CCL is not admissible if the child is 18 years of age or older.
→ For disabled children there is no age limit.
→ CCL is not debited to any leave account.
→ For the first 365 days full salary will be paid.
→ For the next 365 days 80% of the salary will be paid.
→ CCL can be combined with any other kind of leave, maximum of one year.
→ Holidays falling during CCL are counted as CCL.
→ In a year only 3 times CCL is sanctioned.
→ Every time it should not be less than 5 days CCL.
→ CCL cannot be demanded as a right.
→ Without sanction one cannot proceed on CCL.
***Click here to view/download the PDF