General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura, 2023 – Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll
F. No. 12/1/2022-JCA-Part1
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 03rd February, 2023
Subject: General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura, 2023 – Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll- regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that, as informed by the Election Commission of India, vide their Press Note No. 78/EPS/2023 dated 18.01.2023, General Election for Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura, scheduled to be held as under : –
Schedule for General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura: –
|S. No.||Name of State||Date of Poll||Day|
|1||Tripura (all 60 ACs)||16th February, 2023||Thursday|
|2||Meghalaya and Nagaland
(all 60 ACs of both the States)
|27th February, 2023||Monday|
2. In this regard, it is stated that the guidelines have been issued by this Department, vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA, dated 10.10.2001, regarding closure of Central Government Offices and grant of paid holiday to all concerned, including the daily wage/casual workers, on the date of general-election. It is reiterated that all the Central Government Offices and the Central Industrial Establishments, shall remain closed in the notified areas, where general election to the State Legislative Assembly Constituencies are to be conducted, on the date of Poll. The employees concern shall be granted paid holiday on the date of Poll to enable them to exercise their right to vote.
3. The above instructions may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. Hindi version will follow.
(Sitansu Mohan Routray)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries / Departments of Government of India
2. UPSC/CVC/C&AG/Lok Sabha SecretariatlRajya Sabha Secretariat/ President’s Secretariat /Vice President’s Secretariat/PM’s Office/Supreme Court/High Court of Meghalaya/ High Court of Nagaland / High Court of TripuraView/download PDF