Revision of 43% and 45% commuted portion of pre-2006 Armed Forces absorbees who had drawn lump-sum payment on absorption – Stepping up of notional full pension with effect from 24.09.2012: PCDA instructions
O/o THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 539
The O I/C
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject: Revision of 43% and 45% commuted portion of pre-2006 Armed Forces absorbees who had drawn lump-sum payment on absorption in PSU/ Autonomous bodies- Stepping up of notional full pension with effect from 24.09.2012.
Reference: This office circular No. 532 dated 19.01.2015.
2. In terms of GOI, MOD letter No. 1(4)/2007/D(Pen/Policy) dated 19th January’ 2015 , the provisions of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Deptt of Pension Pensioners’ Welfare OM No. 4/30/2010-P & PW (D) dated 11 July 2013
shall apply mutatis-mutandis to Armed Forces Personnel absorbees.
3. Accordingly, the restored pension of these Government Servant who had drawn lump-sum payment on absorption in Public Sector undertakings Autonomous Bodies and whose pension has been restored from a date before 01.01.2006, the pre-revised restored pension (without DP) shall be revised with effect from 01.01.2006 by multiplying the same by a factor of 2.26, if the same is more beneficial.
4. In terms of Para 4 of ibid Govt letter, Pension Sanctioning Authorities shall revise restored portion of pension of absorbee pensioners. suo-moto, if found beneficial, by issuing revised pension payment orders, where the restored pension has already been revised in terms of ministry’s letter dated 21.08.2009.
In this context, attention of all Record Offices is invited to the fact that as the PPOs of Pre-1988 JCOs/ ORs have been issued by this office manually, therefore, it would not be feasible to identify affected cases by this office. Moreover, number of JCOs/ ORs PSU absorbee pensioners may be very few, therefore, all Record Offices are requested to review such cases and a list of affected cases indicating the particulars of pensioners i.e. name, Regimental No.PPO No. may be forwarded to concerned PSAs for issue of suo-moto PPOs where the restored pension has already been revised in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 21.08.2009. The procedure for submission of affected cases has already been mentioned in this office Circular No. 532 dated 19.01.2015.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Cont oller (P)
Download Circular No. 539
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]