Preparation of list of Government servants due to retire along with their Aadhaar numbers and incorporation of Aadhaar number in PPO Booklet: CPAO’s OM
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
PHONES : 26174596, 26174456, 26174438
CPAO/Tech/Jeevan Pramaan/2015-16/515 to 662.
Subject:- Preparation of list of Government servants due to retire along with their Aadhaar numbers and incorporation of Aadhaar number in PPO Booklet.
1. As a part of Digital India initiatives, Digital Life Certification (DLC) of the pensioner has been made an option for submission of life certificate by the pensioner in the month of November each year. As the role of Aadhaar has become vital, a column for Aadhaar has already been provided in the Pension Payment Order booklet. Accordingly, all Heads of Offices have to ensure that wherever available same is provided to their Pay & Accounts Offices alongwith pension papers of the retiring government servants. In this regard, a provision has also been made in CAM-52 (PPO Booklet) by adding the following columns after existing column no.5.
6. Permanent Account Number for Income Tax (PAN)
7. Aadhaar No. (if Available)
8. Mobile No. (if Available)
9. E-Mail ID (if Available)
2. The seeding of Aadhaar with pensioners’ PPO number and their bank accounts is being closely monitored by Prime Minister Office. While this information is being regularly collected by CPAO from banks, the processing of fresh pension cases alongwith Aadhaar number is a very important requirement for expediting seeding of Aadhaar number by banks with PPO number & bank account and smooth implementation of submission of DLCs by pensioners in the month of November.
3. Further, attention is invited to Rule 56 of CCS (Pension) Rules which provides that:-
“(1) Every Head of Department shall have a list prepared every three months, that is, on the 1st January, 1st April, 1st July and 1st October each year, of all Government servants who are due to retire within the next twelve to fifteen months of that date.
(2) A copy of every such list shall be supplied to the Accounts Officer concerned not later than 31st January, 30th April, 31st July or 31st October, as the case may be, of that year.”
4. To avoid any delay in finalizing the pension cases all Heads of Offices should have first-hand information of the Aadhaar number while preparing the list of retiring government officials as per the provision of Rule 56 of CCS (Pension) Rules and should provide the same to the Accounts Officer concerned not later than 31st January, 30th April, 31st July or 31st October of that year.
5. In has been observed that during the month of June, 2015; out of 3101fresh PPOs (Pension Payment Orders), only in 220 cases Aadhaar numbers have been indicated. All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/ AGs are once again requested to ensure that all fresh PPOs are sent to CPAO with Aadhaar numbers wherever available and quarterly list of would be retirees as mentioned in para 3 & 4 above also mention Aadhaar numbers wherever available.
Controller of Accounts
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]
Aahaar had a back door entry to become official. It had to be seeded to all other cards. The SC made it nonobligatory, but now we cannot escape it. Most of the people hiding the Aadhaar cards don't know whether the identification records are their own or not. In most cases the finger print and iris data may not be theirs.