Change of Date of Birth of EPF/EPS members : EPFO Circular that in case of a dispute in the date of birth, any of the following documents may be accepted as valid proof of date of birth:
For Web Circulation Only
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
(Ministry of Labour& Employment. Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14-Bhikaiji Cama Place. New Delhi-1 10066
All Addl. CPFC (Zones),
RPFC-I/OIC of Regional Offices.
Sub: Change of Date of Birth of EPF/EPS members.
Ref: 1) HO circular No. Pension-3/8/OR/2005/69869 dated 12.12.2006.
2) HO circular No. Pension-I/Instructions/Guidelines/2017/20225 dated 12.12.2017.
Please refer to the above said subject.
2. In supersession of circulars cited above, in case of a dispute in the date of birth, any of the following documents may be accepted as valid proof of date of birth:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
- Any school/education related certificate.
- Certificate based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organisations.
- Any other reliable document issued by a government department.
- In the absence of proof of date of birth as above, Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a Competent Court.
- Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar: The change in date of birth shall be accepted as per Aadhaar/e-Aadhaar upto a maximum range of plus or minus three years of the date of birth recorded earlier with EPFO.
3. This has approval of Central P.F. Commissioner.