Regulation of attendance in Central Government offices with effect from 18.05.2020 in view of Coronavirus COVID-19 Lockdown: DoPT OM F.No.11013/9/201
Regulation of attendance in Central Government offices with effect from 18.05.2020 in view of Coronavirus COVID-19 Lockdown: DoPT OM
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 18th May, 2020
Subject: Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM of even number dated 23rd April, 2020 on the above-mentioned subject . Ministry of Home Affairs, vide its Order dated 17.5.2020, has since directed that lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 shall continue for a period up to 31.5.2020 and has prescribed guidelines on the measures to be taken by various authorities for containment of COVID -19 in the country.
2. In Annexure II of the guidelines, specific measures, in the form of National Directives for COVID-19 management and Additional directives for Work Places have been prescribed (copy enclosed). In accordance with these guidelines, and with a view to enabling implementation of social distancing norms, it has been decided that the attendance in Central Government offices shall be regulated as follows:
(a) All officers of the level of Deputy Secretary and above shall attend office on all working days.
(b) For regulating the attendance of officers and staff below the level of Deputy Secretary , all Heads of the Department shall prepare a roster so as to ensure that 50 percent of officers and staff attend office on every alternate day. Those officers/staff who are not required to attend office on a particular day, shall work from home and should be available on telephone and electronic means of communications at all times.
(c) All Heads of the Department shall also ensure that the 50 percent of officers and staff who attend office observe staggered timings, as under:-
1st shift: 9 AM to 5.30 PM
2nd shift: 9.30 AM to 6 PM
3rd shift: 10 AM to 6.30 PM
3. The above instructions shall be in force with immediate effect and until further orders. Bio-metr ic attendance shall continue to be suspended until further orders. The Heads of the Department may kindly ensure strict compliance of these instructions as well as the directives of Ministry of Home Affairs .
Encl.: As above.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. All the Ministries/Departments, Government of India
2. PMO/Cabinet Secretariat
3. PS to Hon’ble MOS(PP)
4. PSO to Secretary (Personnel For Information
5. Sr. Tech. Dir., NIC, DoPT