lndo-Tibetan Border Police Force, Additional Director General General Duty Recruitment Rules, 2020 under the Ministry of Home Affairs
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 11th September, 2020
G.S.R. 552(E).-In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of read with clause (b) sub section (2) of section 156 of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force Act, 1992 (35 of 1992), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post in the Additional Director General (General Duty) lndo-Tibetan Border Police Force, under the Ministry of Home Affairs, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the lndo-Tibetan Border Police Force, Additional Director General (General Duty) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application.-These rules shall apply to the post specified in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these
3. Number of post, classification and level in the pay –The number of post, classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Scheduled annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit, other qualifications, etc.-The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said
5. Medical Fitness -Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, only those persons who are in medical category SHAPE-I, as specified in Health Care System in Central Armed Police Forces, shall be eligible for appointment on deputation.
6. Liability of Service.-Any person appointed to the said post under these rules shall be liable to serve anywhere in India or
7. Disqualification.-No person,
- who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
8. Superannuation. (1) Officers holding the rank of Additional Director General (General Duty) shall retire from service in the afternoon of the last day of the month in which they attain the age of sixty years :
Provided that the person whose date of birth is the first of a month shall retire from service on the afternoon of the last day of the preceding month on attaining the age of superannuation i.e. sixty years.
(2) No person shall be granted extension in service beyond the prescribed age of retirement on superannuation.
9. Ineligibility of non-citizens of India.-No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the prior permission of the Central Government in writing, be appointed under these rules:
Provided that nothing contained in this rule shall debar the appointment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan in the Force.
10. Power to relax.-Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of
11. Saving. –Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other backward classes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in the pay matrix.||Selection or non- selection post.|
Additional Director General (General Duty)
*Subject to variation dependent on workload.
General Central Service, Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
Level 15 (Rs.182200- 224100).
|Age limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||(i) 33 per cent by promotion from lndo-Tibetan Border Police Force .
(ii) 67 per cent by deputation from Indian Police Service.
In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/absorption to be made.
From amongst Inspectors General (General Duty) in level 14 in the pay matrix Rs.144200-218200 with thirty years service in Group ‘A’ service out of which three years regular service shall be in the post of Inspector General (General Duty).
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion their seniors shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade alongwith their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Officers of the Indian Police Service holding the post of Additional Director General (General Duty) or empanelled to hold the post of Additional Director General (General Duty) in the Central Government.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances m which Union Public Commission is to be consulted m making recruitment.|
Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of :-
1. Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs – Chairman;
2. Secretary (Pers), Department of Personnel & Training – Member;
3. Special Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs- Member;
4. Director General, lndo-Tibetan Border Police Force – Member;
5. Director General from other Central Armed Police Force – Member. (To be nominated by Chairman)
[F. No. 1.12012/02/2018-0rg.]
S.R. MEENA, Under Secy.