Chaudhary Recruitment Rules, 2020 in North, South and East Delhi Municipal Corporations
URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
(OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF LOCAL BODIES)
Delhi, the 26th October, 2020
No. F.4(1)/RR/LB/2017/CD-000437441/2229-38. – In exercise of the powers conferred by section 98 read with sub-section (2) of section 480 and sub-section (3) of section 484A of the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957 (66 of 1957) and the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification Number S.O. 3159 dated the 19th October, 1966, the Lt. Governor of the National Capital Territory of Delhi is pleased to make the following recruitment rules for regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Chaudhary in North, South and East Delhi Municipal Corporations, namely:-
- Short title and commencement-(I) These regulations may be called Chaudhary Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Delhi Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and Level in Pay -The number of the said posts, their classification and Level in Pay Matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these regulations.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualification -Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts, shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
- commencement – No person, –
- Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted marriage with any person; shall be eligible for appointment to the said post :
Provided that Government, may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this regulation.
- Power to Relax – Where the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and with the prior approval of the Government, relax any of the provisions of these regulations with respect to any class or category of persons or posts.
- Saving – Nothing in these regulations shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for candidates of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Government of India from time to time, in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification of the post.||Pay Level in the Pay Matrix.||Whether Selection post or non- selection post.||Age limit for direct recruits.|
|Chaudhary.||North DMC 160* (2020)
South DMC 160* (2020)
East DMC 80* (2020}
Total 400* (2020) *Subject to variation depending on workload.
|Category ‘C’.||Level 2 (Rs. 19900-63200) in the Pay Matrix.||Selection.||Between 18 to 27 years (Relaxable for Government Servants, employees of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe /Other Backward Classes as per rule in accordance with the instructions or order issued by the Central Government).
Note:- The crucial date for determining the age- limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh U.T.,Lahaul and Spiti Districts and Pangi subdivision of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands & Lakshdweep ).
|Educational and other qualification s required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Essential Qualification : (i) 12th Pass in Science Stream with Biology or Agriculture as a subject from recognized board or university.||Age No Educational Qualifications No, but must possess 10th pass qualification from a recognized Board/Institution and must qualify Trade Test conducted by the respective Corporations.||Two Year for Direct recruits.||By promotion failing which by direct recruitment.|
|In case of recruitment By promotion/deputation/ absorption grades from which promotion/ deputation/ absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
(i) Mali, Chowkidar, Hedge- man and Machine man of Horticulture Department with three years’ service in Level 1 (Rs. 18000-56900) of Pay Matrix rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis.
(ii) The selection shall be made on the basis of a Trade Test as mentioned in Column No 8.
|Departmental Promotion/ Confirmation Committee for considering promotion/ Confirmation:
(i) Director (Horticulture) – Chairman.
(ii) Dy. Director (Horticulture) (HQ) – Member
(iii) Assistant Commissioner (Horticulture) – Member
(iv) Assistant Director of Horticulture – Member
(v) Admn. Officer (Horticulture) – Member
|Consultation with the Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.|
By Order and in the Name of the
Lt. Governor of the National Capital Territory of Delhi,
ASHOK KUMAR, Dy. Director (Local Bodies)