Modification in Disciplinary Action and procedure for Bank Subordinate and Non-subordinate Staff w.e.f 1st Nov 2017: 11th BI-Partite Settlement Dtd. 11 Nov 2020
Disciplinary Action and procedure thereof:
In partial modification of Bipartite Settlement dated 10th April, 2002, the following modifications shall be incorporated therein and shall be effective from 1st November, 2020:
1. Clause 5 G), from the date of this Settlement, shall read as under:
doing any act of gross negligence or negligence involving or likely to involve the bank in serious loss.
2. New clause 7 (q) shall be added as under:
-doing any act prejudicial to the interest of the bank.
3. Clause 12 (d) – the following shall be added:
If the representative defending the employee is an employee of the same bank at an outstation branch situated outside the State, on a case to case basis as may be decided by the Bank, he shall be relieved on special leave (on full pay and allowances ) to represent the employee and shall be paid one return fare.
4. Clause 6(e) shall read as under:
– be brought down to a lower stage in the scale of pay upto a maximum of 2 stages and for a maximum period of two years.
Note: This punishment shall be non-cumulative and annual increment(s)/ Stagnation Increment (s) falling during the period of punishment shall be released on the respective due date (s)
5. Clause 6(i) e. the punishment of ‘be fined’ shall be deleted.
6. Clause 6(f) shall read as under:
-have his increment/s stopped with or without cumulative Note: Specific period of rigour shall be mentioned.
7. The following shall be added as Clause 7 (r) :
Misconducts covered under Clause 7 (a) to (q) shall not be made out as ‘gross misconduct’ under Clause 5.
8. An employee placed under suspension pending disciplinary action shall be given an opportunity to represent to the management to reconsider the order of suspension.
9. An employee who has been awarded the punishment of dismissal, compulsory discharge or removal from service by the Disciplinary Authority and subsequently where the punishment is confirmed by the Appellate Authority, shall be given an opportunity to seek reconsideration by an authority higher than the Appellate Authority.
10. If multiple charges as per procedural lapses are made out, then the punishment given in such cases shall be one.
11. Disciplinary authority shall have the discretion to decide whether the punishment will affect the superannuation benefits of the employee or not, in case where the punishment is affecting the superannuation benefits.