Ministry of Defence, Coast Guard Organisation, Draughtsman (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2021 MINISTRY OF DEFENCE New Delhi, the 26th February
Ministry of Defence, Coast Guard Organisation, Draughtsman (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2021
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
New Delhi, the 26th February, 2021
S.R.O. 6.— In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Coast Guard Organisation Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Draughtsman posts (Chief Draughtsman, Draughtsman Grade I, Draughtsman Grade II and Draughtsman Grade III) Recruitment Rules, 2001 in so far as it relates to the post of Draughtsman Grade III except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Draughtsman in Coast Guard Organisation under the Ministry of Defence, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1)These rules may be called the Ministry of Defence, Coast Guard Organisation, Draughtsman (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.—The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection post|
*Subject to variation dependent on workload
|General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non- Ministerial||Level-4 in the pay matrix (Rs.25500-81100)||Not applicable|
Age-limit for direct recruits
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||
Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods
Between 18 to 25 years of age
Note 1: Relaxable for the Government servants upto age of forty years in the case of general candidates and upto the age of forty-five years in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Note 2: The crucial date for determining the age- limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram,
Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh and the Union territories of Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
(i) Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical or Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and Ship construction from a recognised University or institution or certificate in Draughtsmanship in any of the above said disciplines from an industrial training institute.
Desirable: One year experience in the concerned field viz Civil or Electrical or Mechanical or Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and Ship construction in Government or statutory or autonomous Organisation, Public Sector Undertaking or University or private organisation of repute.
Note 1 : The qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified
Note 2: The qualification regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority for reasons to be recorded in writing in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
|Not applicable||Two years||
By direct recruitment
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
Group ‘C’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for
considering confirmation) consisting of :-
1.Director (Personnel) Coast Guard Headquarters – Chairman;
2.Under Secretary (Coast Guard), Ministry of Defence – Member;
3.Assistant Director or Deputy Director (Administration) Coast Guard Headquarters – Member;
4.Assistant Director or Deputy Director (Materiel) Coast Guard Headquarters – Member.
[F. No. CP/0601/Draughtsman/ /D(CG)/2021]
ASHIS BISHAYEE, Under Secy.
Source: Gazette Notification PDF