Prescribe Generic Medicines ONLY and curtail visit of Medical Representative to hospitals premises: CGHS Office Order 12.05.2023
File No.2Z.28017/27/2023-SAS-IIi (FTS-8216801)
Govt. of India
M/o Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of Health Services
निर्माण भवन, नई दिल्ली
दिनांक 12 मई, 2023
It is to be noted that all the Doctors in the Central Government Hospitals/CGHS Wellness Centers / Polyclinics have been instructed time and again to prescribe Generic Medicines ONLY. Despite this, it has been observed that Doctors (including Residents) in some instances continue to prescribe branded medicines. This has been viewed strictly by the competent authority.
2. This may be noted by all head of institutions, and they may ensure strict compliance by the doctors working under them.
3. If anyone continues to be non-compliant, he/she shall be liable for further action.
4. Further, it may be ensured that visits of Medical Representative to hospitals premises are completely curtailed. Any information about a new launch may be communicated by way of email only.
(Dr. Atul Goel)
Director General Health Services
- Joint Secretary (CGHS)- For circulation to CGHS.
- Medical Superintendent, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Medical Superintendent, Dr. RML Hospital, New Dethi.
- Director, LHMC & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi.
Prescription by Brand Name by Specialists of Government Hospitals: CGHS OM dated 29.03.2022
- PS to Hon’ble HFM.
- PSO to Secy. (Health).
- PPS to Spl.Secy. (Health).
Source: Social Media