Engagement of retired Para-Medical Staff and hiring of Para-Medical Staff (Group C) on contract basis: Railway Board RBE No. 82/2023. Railway Board extends the engagement of retired para-medical staff and hiring of para-medical staff on a contract basis (Group “C”) for an additional year until 30.06.2024, subject to fund availability. Eligibility conditions are to be established by Zonal Railways/PUs, with specialized categories filled by retired staff or open market candidates through GeM portal. Remuneration follows specific guidelines, and leave provisions are outlined. The extension is contingent on vacancies and panel availability. This communication aligns with Board’s earlier letter dated 30.06.2022.
RBE No. 82/2023
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. E(NG)II/2005/RC-4/SC/2 Pt.I
New Delhi, dated 21.06.2023
The General Manager (P)
All Zonal Railways/PUs & RDSO,
(As per Standard mail list)
Sub: Engagement of retired para-medical staff (in Group “C”) and hiring of para-medical staff (in Group “C”) on contract basis.
Ref: Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2005/RC-4/SC/2 Pt. I dated 30.06.2022.
In continuation of this office letter of even number cited under reference on the above subject, it has now been decided to extend the engagement of retired para-medical staff and hiring of para-medical staff on contract basis (in Group “C”) within the sanctioned strength against clear vacancies for a further period of one year beyond 30.06.2023 i.e. upto 30.06.2024 subject to clear availability of fund. Hiring of contractual staff shall be governed by existing terms and conditions.
2. Engagement of such paramedical staff on contract basis may be admissible subject to further condition that all the remaining candidates if any, on the regular RRB panel as well as the standby panel against CEN 02/2019 sent to the Railways have been appointed and there still exist vacancies.
3. For such engagement of para-medical staff on contract basis (in Group “C”) the eligibility conditions should be properly framed by the Zonal Railways/PUs to ensure quality. Further following procedure shall be adopted:-
- Retired employees through selection with a well laid down objective criteria for evaluation may be re-engaged in the following categories of paramedics requiring specialized skills to the extent of vacancies existing in each category. In the event of unavailability of retired staff, vacant posts be manned through engagement of candidates from open market mandatorily through GeM portal
- OT Technicians
- Cardiac technicians like ECG technicians, Perfusionists, Cathlab technicians
- Prosthesis technicians
- Dialysis technicians
- Laboratory technicians
- Dental technicians
- Medical technicians
- Respiratory technicians
- Clinical Psychologists
- Health Inspectors
- However, in the following categories where less specialised skills are required, hiring should mandatorily be done through GeM:
- House Keeping Assistants
- Hospital Assistants.
4. As regards remunerations, allowances and leave of re-engaged retired paramedical staff, these will be as per OM No.FNo.3-25/2020-E-IIA dated 09.12.2020 of Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Government of India which are as under:-
- A fixed monthly amount shall be admissible as remuneration during the contract period, arrived at by deducting the basic pension from the pay drawn at the time of retirement. The amount of remuneration so fixed shall remain unchanged for the term of the contract.
- No increment, Dearness Allowance and HRA shall be allowed during the term of the contract.
- An appropriate and fixed amount as Transport Allowance for the purpose of commuting between the residence and the place of work shall be allowed not exceeding the rate applicable to the appointee at the time of retirement. The amount so fixed shall remain unchanged during the term of appointment. However, they may be allowed TA/DA on official tour, if any, as per their entitlement at the time of retirement.
- Paid leave of absence may be allowed at the rate of 1.5 days for each completed month of service.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)
(U. K. Tiwari)
Jt. Director, Estt.(N), Railway Board
Email : [email protected]
5th Floor, Room No. 504