|Sl. No.||Name of Scheme||Nodal Ministry||Brief details of the Scheme|
|1.||Scheme of Integrated Programme for Older Persons (IPOP)||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||The Scheme is being implemented since 1992 and revised w.e.f 1.4.2008. Financial assistance is provided under it to State Governments/ Panchayati Raj Institutions/ Urban Local Bodies and Non Governmental Organisations for running and maintenance of projects like:
· Old Age Home;
· Day Care Centre;
· Mobile Medicare Unit;
· Day Care Centre for Alzheimer’s Disease/ Dementia Patients;
· Physiotherapy Clinic for Older Persons;
· Help-lines and Counseling Centres for Older Persons;
· Sensitizing Programmes for Children particularly in Schools and Colleges;
· Regional Resource and Training Centres; etc.
|2.||Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS)||Ministry of Rural Development||Under the Scheme, Central assistance is given towards pension @ Rs. 200/- per month to persons above 60 years, and @ Rs. 500/- per month to persons above 80 years belonging to a household below poverty line, which is meant to be supplemented by at least an equal contribution by the States.|
|3.||National Programme for the Health Care for the Elderly (NPHCE)||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare||Major components of this programme, launched in 2010-11, are:
· Community based Primary Healthcare approach;
· Strengthening of health services for senior citizens at District Hospitals/ CHC/ PHC/ Sub-Centres;
· Dedicated facilities at 100 District Hospitals with 10 bedded wards for the elderly;
· Strengthening of 8 Regional Medical Institutions to provide dedicated tertiary level Medical Care for the elderly, with 30 bedded wards, at New Delhi (AIIMS), Chennai, Mumbai, Srinagar, Vanarasi, Jodhpur, Thiruvananthapuram and Guwahati; and
· Introduction of PG courses in Geriatric Medicines in the above 8 Institutions and In-Service training of health personnel at all level.
The above statement was submitted by Min of SJE in reply of undermentioned Lok Sabha Questions:-
STARRED QUESTION NO 402
WELFARE OF SENIOR CITIZENS
402 . Shri NISHIKANT DUBEY
JAGADA NAND SINGH
MINISTER FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT (KUMARI SELJA)
(a) to (e) A Statement is laid on the Table of the House.
Statement referred to in parts (a) to (e) in reply to Lok Sabha Starred Question No.402 for answer on 23.04.2013 regarding `Welfare of Senior Citizens” by Shri Nishikant Dubey and Shri Jagadanand Singh.
(a) to (e): **see above**
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.