Subject: Re-organisation of BD&M Directorate, Parcel Directorate and Mail Business Division of Postal Directorate.
This is in supersession of this Directorate order of even number dated 11.12.2018 and to convey the approval of the Competent Authority for the following: –
i) The post of General Manager (Sales & Marketing), Parcel Directorate is hereby redeployed as DDG (Marketing), Postal Directorate. The DDG (Marketing), Postal Directorate will head the newly created Marketing Division, Postal Directorate and will report to Member (Operations), Postal Services Board (P53). The duties and responsibilities of DDG (Marketing), Postal Directorate will be as detailed in Annexure-I.
ii ) The post of General Manager (Mail Business), BD&M Directorate is hereby redeployed as DDG (Mail Operations), Postal Directorate. DDG (Mail Operations), Postal Directorate will head the Mail Operation Division, and will look after Mail Operations, Speed Post, Mail Network Optimization Project (MNOP) excluding parcels, and Motor Vehicle Section. DDG (Mail Operations) will report to Member (Operations), Postal Services Board (PSB). The duties and responsibilities of DDG (Mail Operations), Postal Directorate will be as detailed in Annexure-II.
iii) The post of Director (Mail Management) is hereby re-designated as Director (Mail Operations), Postal Directorate. Director (Mail Operations) will report to DDG (Mail Operations).
General Manager (Admn & Business Development), BD&M Directorate will look after all work related to Business Development including all new business initiatives such as POPSK, Aadhar, PRS, Retail Post Division, Business Post etc. GM (Admn & BD) will report to CGM, BD&M Directorate. BD&M Directorate will now be referred as Business Development Directorate (orders in this regard will be issued separately). The detailed duties and responsibilities of GM (Admn & BD), Business Development Directorate will be as detailed in Annexure-III.
General Manager (Operations), Parcel Directorate will look after the all matters relating to Parcel Products, E-Commerce, Parcel Network Optimization Project (PNOP). GM (Operations) will report to CGM, Parcel Directorate. The detailed duties and responsibilities of GM (Operations), Parcel Directorate will be as detailed in Annexure-IV.
Duties and responsibilities of
- GM (Operation Parcel Directorate),
- GM (Admn. & BD), Business Development Directorate,
- DDG (Mail Operations), Postal Directorate,
- DDG (Marketing), Postal Directorate
- Marketing of all products/services offered by Department of Posts
- All matters related to Marketing & Publicity and Brand Promotion
- Marketing Research
- Social Media, Monitoring & Campaigns
- The administration, expansion, sales, marketing of all types of parcels and registered packets.
- The activities of the sales force, franchise outlets for parcel business.
- Planning and introduction of new parcel products, designing product features and value-added services
- Strategy for and formulation of pricing of parcel products and value- added services other issues related to pricing.
- Plan operations, devise sales and marketing strategies, organize training and evolve procedures, regulations, guidelines in this regard
- Commission market studies/ surveys and engage consultants to test the market and improve the product portfolio.
- Evolve market strategies, alliances and cooperation to improve operations and increase parcel business
- Monitor and review performance of all products in terms of revenue and operations and take measure as required to increase the revenue base and market share of India Post.
- Matter relating to implementation of Mail Network Optimization Project.
- Matters relating to Quality of Mail Monitoring (Live Mail Survey, National Test Letter Run, Trial Cards, Quality, Measurement Program).
- Sorting, Transmission and Delivery of mail and parcels
- Matters relating to Automated Mail Processing Centres (AMPCs)
- Matters relating to mail operations for Speed Post, Registered Mail, Unregistered mail, Second class Parcels.
- Matters relating to National Address Database Management System.
- Standardization of Mail, Popularization of PIN Codes.
- Interaction with Service Unions on matters relating to mail operations.
- Inter Circle Bag linking Arrangements and Bag Accounting
- Court/CAT cases relating to Mail Operations/Mail Management
- Matters relating to Administrative/Operative RMS Offices such as HRO, SRO, etc.
- Matters relating to Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping.
- Mail transmission and delivery for Army Postal Service
- CAG and Audit cases relating to Mail Operations and Mail Management
- Matters relating to special booking and dispatches of UPSC, Election Commission.
- Repair and maintenance of vehicles, condemnation of vehicles.
- Technical inspection of MMS units
- Specifications of MMS vehicles.
- Hiring of Vehicles
- Policy matters related to MMS including Accounts & Finance
- Establishment matters related to RMS
- Matters related to Payment of haulage charges/airlines conveyance charges
- Policy and operational issues related to letter box clearance
- All matters related to Speed Post product
- Outbound Express Delivery Product
- Pending/Old issues of the Parcel Division
- UIDAI order Aadhaar Re-print and Aadhaar PIN letters
- All video conference matters/HOC/Circle Review matters.
- Administration & Head of the Office.
- Parliamentary issues
- Court & consumer forum cases
- Retail Post
- Business Post
- e-Commerce Portal
- Media Post, Direct Post, Greeting Post, etc.
- Exploring new business opportunities
- All other product/services
- End to end operations of all types of parcels.
- The operations of all parcel hubs, parcel and e-Commerce booking centres, nodal Parcel delivery centres.
- The operations of International Parcels and EMS merchandize in the domestic leg beyond the offices of exchange.
- Procurement of equipment, machinery and technology for effective operations and marketing products.