Pension (including SBI) of Clerical Staff and Subordinate Staff w.e.f 1st Nov 2017: 11th BI-Partite Settlement Dtd. 11 Nov 2020 With effect from 1st
Pension (including SBI) of Clerical Staff and Subordinate Staff w.e.f 1st Nov 2017: 11th BI-Partite Settlement Dtd. 11 Nov 2020
With effect from 1st November 2017, the Pay as defined under Clause 6 of this Settlement and drawn by the employees who are members of the Pension Fund shall be taken into consideration for the purpose of calculation of pension as per the Pension Fund Rules/ Regulations in force.
- Option not to claim incremental commutation on revised basic pension
Employees in service of the Banks as on 1st November 2017 and who have retired thereafter but before the date of this Settlement and who had opted for commutation of pension will have an option not to claim incremental commutation on revised basic pension.
(2) Calculation of Pension for employees retired between 1-11-2017 and 31-8- 2018.
The pension payable to employees is based on the average of the emoluments drawn in the last ten months preceding the retirement of the employee in terms of Regulations 2 and 38 of the Pension Regulations. For the purpose of payment of pension, the Pay of the employees retiring on or after 1st November, 2017 will be taken on the basis of the Pay as is provided under this Settlement. However, in the case of employees who have retired from the services of the Banks, on or after 1st November, 2017 but before 31st August, 2018, since the period of preceding ten months will constitute Pay both under this Settlement as well as pertaining to Settlement dated 25th May, 2015, in such cases, the following procedure will be adopted for determining Pension payable to them.
- For the period of ten months falling on and from 1st November, 2017, the actual Pay drawn by the employee under this Settlement; and
- For the period falling prior to 1st November, 2017, the actual Pay drawn by the employee plus Dearness Allowance at the rate of 47.8 percent thereon will be notionally reckoned as Pay for the purpose.
Dearness Relief on Pension
With effect from 1st November, 2017, in respect of employees who retired or died while in service on or after 1st November, 2017, Dearness Relief shall be payable at 0.07 % per slab on the Basic Pension or Family Pension or Invalid Pension or compassionate allowance as the case may be. Dearness Relief in the above manner shall be paid half yearly for every rise or fall of 4 points over 6352 points in the quarterly average of the All India Consumer Price Index for industrial workers in the series 1960=100.
It is reiterated that –
- The employees who are presently covered under the Pension Scheme shall continue to contribute 10% of the Pay towards Provident Fund, but there shall be no matching contribution.
- Employees of State Bank of India will continue to be covered by Contributory Provident Fund Scheme as hitherto.
- Employees who are presently covered under Contributory Provident Fund Scheme and have not opted for Pension Scheme under the Settlement dated 2ih April 2010 shall continue under the Contributory Provident Fund Scheme as hitherto.
- Banks may decide and fix at their level a higher percentage of contribution to PF.
New Pension Scheme:
- In partial modification of Clause 15 (d) of Bipartite Settlement dated 2ih April, 2010, in the case of all employees who have joined the Bank on and from 1st April, 2010 and who are governed and covered by the New pension Scheme/ Defined Contributory Pension Scheme, while the employee will continue to contribute 10% of Pay plus Dearness Allowance, the bank (including SBI) will make a contribution of 14% of Pay and Dearness Allowance from the date of settlement subject to approval of Government.
- The service charges by the Service Provider/Fund Manager of NPS will be borne by the bank (including SBI) from the FY 2012.
Subject to approval by the Government, It is agreed that family pension shall be payable at the uniform rate of 30 percent of the Pay of the deceased employee and that there shall be no ceiling on family pension. It is agreed that these provisions, when approved by the Government shall apply to SBI also.