Library and Information Officer (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2021 - Ministry of Defence (Navy) MINISTRY OF DEFENCE New Delhi, the 27th Januar
Library and Information Officer (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2021 – Ministry of Defence (Navy)
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
New Delhi, the 27th January, 2021
S.R.O. 01.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Library and Information Officer in the Ministry of Defence (Navy), namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Defence, Navy, Library and Information Officer (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.— The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen, and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection
post or non selection
|01(2021) *Subject to
variation dependent on
Service, Non Ministerial, Gazetted,
|Level-11 in the pay
|Age-limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits|
|Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|AGE: Not applicable. Educational Qualification: Not
|Two years||Promotion failing which deputation including short term contract.|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption grade from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Services Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
Assistant Library and Information Officer in level-7 in the pay matrix (Rs. 44900-142400) with seven years regular service in the grade and successfully completed training of two weeks in the field of Library and Library Science.Note 1 : Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their senior would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Note 2 : The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another Ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note 3 : The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the date of receipt of applications.
Note 4 : The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, the deputationist shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Deputation (including short term contract) :
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union territories Administration or autonomous or statutory organisation or public sector undertaking or recognised University or institute or research institution;
(a) (i) holding analogous post on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with five years service rendered after appointment to the post on a regular basis in the level-10 in the pay matrix (Rs. 56100 – 177500) or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
(iii) with six years service rendered after appointment to the post on a regular basis in the level-9 in the pay matrix (Rs. 53100 -167800) or Level-8 in the pay matrix (Rs. 47600 – 151100) or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or
(iv) with seven years service rendered after appointment to the post on a regular basis in the level-7 in the pay matrix (Rs. 44900-142400) or
equivalent in the parent cadre or deparment; and (b) possessing the following educational qualification and experience:
(i) Master Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognised University or institute.
(ii) Five years professional experience in a Library under Central Government or State Government or autonomous or statutory organisation/public sector undertakings/University or a recognised research or educational institution.
(i) One year experience of computerising Library activities in a Library under Central Government or State Government or autonomous or statutory organisation / public sector undertakings/ University or recognised research or educational institution;
(ii) Diploma in Computer Application from a recognised University or institute.
|Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of :-
1. Chairman or Member, Union Public Service Commission – Chairman;
2. Joint Secretary ( Navy ), Ministry of Defence – Member
3. Director of Civilian Personnel, Integrated Headquarters – Member.
Ministry of Defence (Navy) Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of :-
1. Joint Secretary (Navy), Ministry of Defence – Chairman;
2. Director of Civilian Personnel, Integrated Headquarters – Member;
Ministry of Defence (Navy)
3. Under Secretary, Ministry of Defence – Member.
|Consultation with the Union Public
Service Commission is necessary on
[F. No. A. 12034/09/2018-MH-II]
PREM NARAIN, Under Secy