Assistant Engineer (Civil Maintenance): Indian Railways Research Designs and Standards Organisation (Group ‘B’, Gazetted), Recruitment Rules, 2022
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, the 15th November, 2022
G.S.R. 816(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Group ‘B’ post of Assistant Engineer (Civil Maintenance) of the Indian Railways, namely :—
1. Short title and commencement. (1)- These rules may be called the Indian Railways, Assistant Engineer (Civil Maintenance), Research Designs and Standards Organisation (Group ‘B’, Gazetted), Recruitment Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix.–The number of post, its classification and level in pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.–The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.–No person, –
a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with the person having a spouse living; or
b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any other person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government, may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.–Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect of any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.–Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in Pay Matrix.||Whether selection post or non- selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.|
Assistant Engineer (Civil Maintenance).
*Subject to variation dependent on workload.
|Railway Service, Group ‘B’, Gazetted, Non– Ministerial.||level-8 (Rs. 47,600-
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.|
|Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of
recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or
absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||100% by deputation.||Deputation:
Officers of Civil Engineering Department of Research Designs & Standards Orgnization or Zonal Railway or Production Units:
(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis; and
(ii) possessing the following educational qualification and experience:
(a) Masters of Technology or Masters in Engineering in the field of Civil Engineering from a recognised University or institute; and
(b) Two years experience of civil maintenance work.
Note 1: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years.
Note 2: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years on the closing date of receipt of application.
Note 3: Post of Assistant Engineer (Civil Maintenance) in Research Designs & Standards Orgnization will be ex-cadre post and vacancies in the same will not be considered for calculating the vacancies for promotion to combined cadre of Group B posts of civil Engineering Directorates of Research Designs & Standards Orgnization .
|Not applicable.||Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.|
[F. No. 2019/E(G)RR/15/1]
ANVITA SINHA, Executive Director Establishment (Gazetted Cadre)Click here to view/download the PDF