Vigilance Audit of Zonal Railways for the year 2023 – Broad parameters for Vigilance Audit: Railway Board Order 17.03.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. 2013/V-1/Vig. Audit/2/1
New Delhi, dated 17.03.2023
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Vigilance Audit of Zonal Railways for the year 2023.
It has been decided that Vigilance Audit of all the Zonal Railways shall be conducted to review the performance in various areas and to check if the system being followed by Zonal Railways has uniformity in various vigilance issues being handled by them. Inter Zonal audit are also expected to encourage exchange of ideas and experience and proliferate ‘System Improvement’ and ‘Good Practices’ being followed amongst Zonal Railways. Various areas to be covered in the proposed audit are detailed as Annexure ‘A’ (Copy enclosed). A team headed by SDGM of one Zonal Railway will conduct Vigilance Audit of the other Zonal Railway. The list of Auditee and Auditor Railway is given below:-
|S.No.||Auditor Railway||Auditee Railway|
Audit Report may be submitted by the Auditor Railway to the Auditee Zonal Railway and to Railway Board preferably within a week after completion of the Audit. The auditor railway may ensure follow-up action on the Audit Report by the Auditee Railway.
Encl: as above.
Principal Executive Director (Vigilance}
BROAD PARAMETERS FOR VIGILANCE AUDIT
- Complaint handling mechanism; Investigation & pendency of complaints;
- Leveraging of technology;
- Disposal of D&AR cases with emphasis on long pending cases of more than one year; .
- Pending CA(iii) reference, CTE paras & Further Clarification cases;
- Preventive/Surprise checks conducted (department-wise) & number of Preventive Checks conducted in Thrust Areas;
- System improvements suggested by the vigilance organization;
- Rotation of Officers on sensitive posts, who have been borne on;
- Training/ Workshop conducted to staff & officers by Vigilance organization;
- Computerization of Vigilance working and activities;
- Any other item decided by SDGM of Auditor Railway;
- Any uncommon issues from which lessons to be learnt.