No. I (15)/20124)(Pen/Policy) Government of India Ministry of befence, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, New Delhi, dated 17th January,
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
2.1 In supersession of the provisions contained in this Ministry’s letter No 17(4)/2008(2)/D (Pen/Policy) dated 20.9.2012, the President is also pleased to decide that provisions of this Ministry’s letter dated 18.8.2010 shall also be applicable to post-1.1.2006 JCO/OR granted honorary Commission as Lieutenant and Captain. The notional pay in the revised pay structure for these ranks shall be worked out by adding pay in the revised pay band corresponding to the fixed pay of Fifth CPC (in terms of Para 9(a)(i) of SAI 1/5/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy & Air force plus the Grade pay and Military Service Pay introduced under Sixth CPC revised pay structure.
2.2 The other terms and conditions prescribed vide Para 2 & 3 of this Ministry’s above said letter dated 18.8.2010 shall remain unchanged.
3. The President is also pleased to decide that the enhanced and normal rate of Ordinary family pension of post-1.1.2006 JCO/OR, determined in terms of Para 13 of this Ministry’s above said letters dated 3.2.1998 read with letter dated 12.11.2008, shall in no case be less than 100% and 60% respectively of the pension determined in terms of this Ministry’s ibid letter dated 18.8.2010 as modified vide this order subject to fulfillment of other prescribed conditions as hithertofore.
4. These orders shall take effect from 24,09.20/2 and shall also cover cases of post-1.1.2006 retiree/death in service cases. The financial benefit in past cases shall, however, be granted from 24.09,2012 only.
5. The pension / family pension of all JCO/OR including honorary Commissioned Officers who retired/discharged/invalided out/died while in service on or after 1.1.2006, shall be re-calculated in terms of these orders by the Pension Sanctioning Authorities concerned. However no commutation on enhanced pension in terms of these orders shall be allowed to the JCO/OR who retired/discharged/invalided out of service prior to date of implementation of this order. Necessary implementation instructions to all concerned shall be issued by Pr,CDA (Pension) Allahabad on receipt of these orders.
6. Pension Regulations of the three Services shall be amended in due course.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No. PC 1/10(12)/2012/FIN/PEN dated 10.01.2013
Hindi version will follow.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.